Chapter 10: Vivian

*Mia's POV*

"Vivian? What are-" I started to say, but I was rudely cut off when she forcefully put her lips on mine and kissed me...

WHAT. THE. ACTUAL. FUCK?!

I utilized every ounce of my strength inside and shoved Vivian off of me as quickly as humanly possible. I must have used a significant amount of force than I initially thought I did because she staggered backward, hitting the wall outside rather roughly. Frankly, I didn't care if she got hurt because what she did to me was uncalled for. At first, when it transpired, I was incredibly horrified, alarmed, and uncertain if what was happening was even real.

However, the unfamiliar feeling of someone else's lips on mine was the worst experience I had yet to endure. The entire situation was an exclusively random anomaly. I felt... violated... tarnished even... and utterly revolted past all comprehension. If I felt this way when having been assaulted like that, how would my girl take it...? Will Cambria ever want to kiss me again after I tell her what happened? I know this will hurt her on some level.

"VIVIAN?!" Cambria loudly shouted; her voice permeated pure rage.

I continued to wipe the filth off of my lips with my forearm's sleeve and took notice of the fear in Vivian's eyes. Welp! I don't have to tell my baby after all... and I've never heard her sound like this before; it's terrifying, but... I understand where it comes from... her need to protect what is hers. I would honestly do the same if the roles were reversed.

I turned to face my girl, and it looked as though she was a bull with her eyes set on one red target, and that target was, in fact, Vivian. I have to stop her, or she will kill her. I can't let anything bad happen to ruin her career and future. I have to take care of this. I need to... for us.

"WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU, YOU FUCKING CUNT?! HOW DARE-" Cambria continued to shout as she vigorously marched towards my childhood bully. I could tell my baby wanted to destroy Vivian for what she had just done. Before something could happen, I suspended Cambria's movements by grabbing her arm and turning her to face me.

My girl looked at me, seemingly confused as to why I was stopping her. Then, she glared at Vivian again, focusing her attention back on her, and I realized that I needed to get through to her before things got out of hand. With that in mind, I let her arm go in order to place both of my hands on either side of her face, forcing her to look at me again. I kept my eyes solely focused on her and watched as those previously dilated orbs started to calm and finally adjusted to a more accurate size.

"Baby, listen to my voice. I need you to calm down because I don't want you to do something you'll regret. I'll take care of this, okay?" I said to Cambria, and I stayed in this position, observing everything about her. God, she's such a breathtakingly beautiful being. I'm honored to have her.

I noticed her breathing started to regulate as her strained, angry facial features softened, and it was then that I knew I had gotten through to her. The moment I was confident Cambria wouldn't kill Vivian, I realized that this situation would end up taking longer than just a few minutes. So I decided to take my phone out and message my boss, Nina. I knew I had to inform her that I would be delayed, which was the right thing to do nonetheless.

Mia: "Hey Nina, I have to take care of an important personal matter. I'll be a little late and will notify you of when I am on my way there."

After my text was sent, I wasn't sure how long it would take for her to respond to me, but I practically received an immediate reply before even placing my phone back into my pocket.

Nina Mattel: "No problem, Mia. I'll delay the meeting until you arrive."

Mia: "Thank you. I'll see you soon."