Chapter Ten

In the morning, Savannah arrives at Chris's place with her bag, dressed in jeans and a sweater. He greeted her with a smile, saying, "Good morning, Savi."

She returned the greeting, her lips tingling with the memory of Alex's kiss from the previous night. "Good morning, Chris," she replied, feeling a mix of satisfaction and longing.

The silence lingered between them until they boarded the plane. Savannah sensed Chris's nervousness, knowing he wanted to address something. Finally, he mustered the courage to speak, asking, "How was your date?"

She paused, considering her response. Leaning closer to his ear, she whispered, "Do you want to talk about that, or do you want to take me into the bathroom?"

Chris growled; a primal desire ignited within him. "Fine. But I'm not letting you finish. Go. I'll be right there."

A soft moan escaped Savannah's lips as she obeyed, slipping into the bathroom. She hurriedly pulled down her pants, anticipation coursing through her veins when she heard Chris enter behind her, undoing his own pants.

He entered her forcefully, his grip on her neck guiding her ear to his mouth. "Is this what you wanted?" he rasped; his voice laced with possessiveness.

Nodding, she struggled to stifle her moans, her desire for him overwhelming. "Yes, sir," she whimpered, pushing back against him, craving more of him.

Chris's voice grew rougher as he questioned her further. "Did you let him touch you like this? Do you want him to?"

Moaning in response, she managed to utter, "No. Just you. I only want you to touch me."

He growled, the sound reverberating in her ear. "And why is that?"

"Because I'm only yours, sir," she whimpered, her plea hanging in the air. "Can I come too?"

"No," Chris panted, denying her release.

With a few final, powerful thrusts, he filled her once again, their moans mingling in the confined space. Chris swiftly pulled up his pants and left the bathroom without a word, leaving her alone to compose herself. She gathered her emotions, pulling her own pants back on before stepping out of the bathroom and returning to her seat beside him. Chris avoided her gaze, refusing to kiss her or acknowledge her presence during their encounter. What had initially felt thrilling now left her feeling objectified and distant. She glanced at him, tears streaming silently down her face, hoping he wouldn't notice as she gazed out the window, watching the clouds pass by.

***

They checked into the hotel, assigned to adjoining rooms. Chris entered Savannah's room, their strictly professional relationship evident in his words.

"So they're showing my movie tonight at 6 and tomorrow at 11. I want you to come with me," he stated, shaking his head before his statement could be misconstrued. "Not as my date. As my assistant."

Savannah crossed her arms, scoffing at the notion. "Yeah, not as your date. I got it. I need to take a shower and get dressed."

Chris observed her for a moment, sensing her discontent. "What's the matter, Savi?"

She shook her head, pushing his hand away when he reached for her cheek. "Nothing." Just as she was about to elaborate, her phone rang. Glancing at the caller ID, she saw Alex's name. Turning to Chris, she requested, "It's my boyfriend, can you go?"

Chris let out a frustrated sigh, his jaw tightening at the mention of Savannah's supposed boyfriend. He sensed her deliberate attempt to provoke him, but the reason behind her actions remained elusive. Grunting in displeasure, he stormed out of her room, slamming the door shut behind him.

Seeking a distraction, he headed straight to the bathroom, turning on the shower and allowing the cold water to cascade over his body. He tried to clear his mind, pushing aside thoughts of Savannah and her involvement with another man.

Meanwhile, Savannah answered the phone, her voice softening as she recognized the caller. "Alex. How are you?" she greeted, her tone carrying a mixture of warmth and anticipation.

"I just wanted to check on you. I had a great time last night. I'm still thinking about you," he confessed.

She inwardly groaned at his sweetness. "I had a great time too, Alex. I can't wait to see you next weekend. I'm still thinking about your lips on mine."

A small moan escaped him, and Savannah smiled. "Me too, Savannah. Are you out of town already?"

"Yeah, I actually have to go. I need to take a shower and change," she replied.

"Great. Give me that image," he teased.

Giggling, she played along. "Enjoy it, Alex. I'm getting undressed right now."

As she began removing her clothing, his moans grew louder through the phone. "You're trouble. I can't wait to feel your lips again. I'll let you take a shower. Bye, Savannah."

Another giggle escaped her. "Later, Alex."

***

Savannah accompanied Chris to his film viewing, observing him as he walked the red carpet, and participated in a Q&A session afterward. Throughout the entire event, he barely said a word to her. She felt like nothing more than a background character in his life. Why did she agree to this in the first place? His actions, like hiding her when his brother visited, made her realize he was ashamed of her.

Once they finished with the event, they returned to their respective rooms. Savannah locked the door connecting their adjoining rooms and proceeded to get undressed, washing her face before slipping into shorts and a tank top. Just as she settled into bed, she heard a knock on the adjoining door. Letting out a groan, she reluctantly got up to answer it. Opening the door, she found Chris standing there, his gaze fixed on the ground, dressed in sweats and a t-shirt.

"What do you want, Chris?" she asked, her voice filled with weariness.

He looked up, meeting her eyes, and spoke softly, "You. I want you. Please."

Savannah moaned, pulling on his shirt and assisting him in removing it as she guided him into her room. Unlike before, this time he didn't demand her; he asked for her. Both of them quickly shed their clothes, and he led her to the bed. His lips never left her body as he moved inside her slowly, methodically, taking his time to savor every moment. She couldn't concentrate on anything else but the sensation of his mouth on her skin. It felt as if he was memorizing every inch of her as he explored with his tongue and lips.

"God, Chris. I never want you to stop touching me," she exclaimed, hearing him moan loudly in agreement as his movements became more urgent. The pleasure built up between them until it became too much, leaving them both breathless and lying side by side on the bed, attempting to catch their breaths.

After a few minutes, she looked at him, curiosity in her eyes. "What was that, Chris?"

He shook his head, trying to dismiss any deeper meaning behind his actions. "Nothing. I just wanted you," he reiterated, his tone lacking the emotional connection she desired.

Savannah stared into his eyes, searching for a glimmer of understanding or affection, but she couldn't find it. She felt hurt by his casual response, sensing that she was becoming more and more insignificant to him. "I'm tired. Can you go?" she requested, her voice tinged with disappointment.

Chris nodded silently, carefully tucking the blanket around her, making sure she was snug and cozy. His eyes lingered on her sleeping form, his mind weighed down by his own thoughts and emotions. Though he carried a burden, he chose to keep it to himself, refraining from voicing his inner turmoil.

Despite the knowledge that his actions might upset her in the morning, he couldn't bring himself to leave her side. The desire to be near her, to feel the warmth of her presence, outweighed any rules or potential consequences. Determined, he slid under the covers, pulling her close to him, his arms enveloping her in a protective embrace.