They Don't Matter

Prompt from laurenxfoster- Niall isn't ready to come out to everybody but Zayn is. He's ended his PR relationship and spoken to management but Niall's still scared. They have a massive fight but happy ending.

Zayn's Pov:

"I'm just not ready yet. Why can't we just wait a while?" Those words are the soundtrack to my life. He always says the same thing. I looked at Niall and shook my head. Niall and I are together. I love him and I'd do anything I could to make him happy. We've been keeping our relationship a secret for so long now. We've been hiding away like criminals on the run. Like what we've done is wrong. Like we should be ashamed for loving eachother the way we do. At first I was in the same boat as Niall. I was scared of coming out. Scared of people knowing about us. I didn't want people looking down on us. I even agreed to take part in a pr relationship so there was no chance of people finding out about us. Perrie and I were together for a long time. We were labeled the perfect couple. From the very start Perrie knew about Niall and I. She saw the way I looked at him. The way I'd light up whenever he was around. The way I'd laugh at anything he said or did. Perrie was a great friend to me. She'd always sit me down and tell me I can't hide who I am forever. If I wanted to be with Niall then it was my choice to make. She told me I can't let other people run my life for me. I finally gained the confidence to come out. Perrie and I spoke with management and I told them the stunt was over. With both of us coming in saying we wanted it to end, They couldn't object. When I told Niall the stunt was over and I wanted us to come out fear over took his face. He explained that he wasn't ready yet and just to give him time. So that's what I did. It's been over a year now and the both of us are still hiding away. 

"You haven't been ready for ages Niall" I stated, Niall looked away and sighed. 

"We won't be hiding forever Zi. It's just a little while longer" Niall exclaimed, I rolled my eyes.

"I'm sorry Ni. I'm sorry but I'm sick of acting like a criminal. I've been patient. I've given you all the time in the world. I've been understanding but I'm tired. I want us to come out. I want people to know about us" I said. 

"So do I. Just not yet" Niall whispered. 

"Then when? When we've died? Have it written on our headstones? Don't look at me like that Niall! I love you" I chocked out. 

"I love you too you know I do" Niall mumbled.

"No I don't" Niall's eyes widened. 

"What?" He chocked out. 

"How can you love me when you won't be with me properly? You won't admit to people that were in a relationship" I said. 

"I'm scared about what they'll say. What they'll think. Zayn I love you how can you even question that?" Niall cried out. 

"Pretty easy. I don't give a damn what people think. If I don't care then why should you? What people say won't change either of us. Any harsh things people said we'd deal with it together. I'd be right beside you Niall. Why can't you just take the risk with me? Fuck what people say. Are you ashamed to be with me?" I questioned, Niall's eyes widened. 

"No. No that's not it" Niall exclaimed as he reached out to me. 

"Dosne't feel that way to me" I said before walking out the house slamming the door behind me. 

I exhaled deeply as I stood outside the venue having a smoke. Fans were standing outside along with paparazzi. We had a show that night and although I wasn't in the mood for it I had to be professional. I just wanted a little time to myself. 

"Can we talk?" I heard Niall's voice from behind me. I turned around to see him stood there. 

"Yeah" I replied. 

"I'm sorry" Niall exclaimed. "I'm sorry about the fight. I'm sorry I made you feel the way I did. I never meant to make you feel like I was ashamed of you. I want everything you want Zayn. I'm just scared. We'll have so much support and I know that, But I also know we'll get hate. People will say we aren't suited or I'm not good enough for you. It's stupid I know but being told that isn't what I want to hear" Niall explained. 

"Ni. The only peoples opinions that matter is ours. I want to be with you and you want to be with me. That right there is what counts. So what other people will hate, Not to sound corny here but they don't know about us" Niall chuckled softly. "I love you and if people don't respect that then fuck them. I don't need negative and hateful people in my life" I stated, Niall nodded his head and wrapped his arms tightly around me, I returned the hug instantly. 

"Yeah fuck them" He whispered. "How good do you think those camera lenses and zoom are?" Niall asked, I shrugged my shoulders. 

"Good I suppose. Why?" Niall took a deep breath. 

"I love you" He stated before pressing a firm kiss to my lips. I gently pushed Niall back. 

"Are you sure? There's no going back" I exclaimed, Niall smiled. 

"I know I don't want to go back" Niall assured me before pressing his lips against mine once again. This time I didn't push him away, I pulled him closer. The news quickly spread about the kiss. Pictures had been uploaded. That night at the concert the fans screamed loudly. We knew there'd be loads of questions to answer but neither of us cared. Niall and I were public now and nothing was going to stop us living our life together.