The Twin Brother

Phana and Kit stood closely behind Beam in anticipation. Wine and Grant Jamorhnoom stood before them, tall and stocky, intimidating.

They were really similar, and similar to Forth as well. What makes the difference is the way they dress. Grant was wearing a suit that wrapped neatly around his burly body, though underneath his coat he wore a shirt that had the top three buttons open wide revealing a stout chest underneath.

Wine looked more casual in a blue and white plaid shirt with his hands rolled up to his elbows and one hand holding a leather jacket slung over his right shoulder. They both looked at Beam with interest.

"So, your name is Beam Baramee?" asked Grant with raised eyebrows. He tilted his head and studied Beam from head to toe and back to face.

Beam felt a chill creep up his body and his knees felt strange, limp like jelly. However, he wouldn't show any trepidation, even if they might kill him without blinking when they found out that it was their sister who had caused their brother's accident. "Yes, Phi, my name is Beam."

"You're Forth's boyfriend?" this time it was Wine who asked.

Beam felt someone's palm on his back, rubbing gently. Maybe Phana or Kit, give him strength. "I... um, not anymore. We... broke up a month ago."

"That's why this punk was crying like a baby talking on his phone before that damn car hit him? He was cried over you, hm?" said Grant sharply. He looked at Forth who was still lying motionless.

"It wasn't Beam's fault, Phi." Phana interrupted as he stepped beside Beam. "We were at the beach when it happened and Beam was ..."

"Did I say that Beam hit him?" cut Grant, looking at Phana with raised eyebrows. "And who are you, may I know?"

Phanna swallowed. "My name is Phana Kongthanin, Phi. This is Kit . We are bestfriend of Beam and Forth too."

"Kongthanin? Are you the son of Professor Pian and Maya Kongthanin?" asked Wine with a big smile.

"Yes, Phi," replied Phana.

"That means you're Phuwin Kongthanin's brother?" continued Wine again. He smiled widely this time.

Grant chuckled and nudged his twin's waist. "Hey, don't hold a family reunion here. You haven't even really accepted it yet."

Phana, Kit, and Beam looked at each other. They didn't understand what was going on. Why they asked about Phana's big brother?

Grant returned to Beam. "So, Beam, you and Forth broke up? Why? Are you tired of him? Well, my brother is an idiot, no wonder."

"No, no, no, Phi," Beam argued quickly. "Poom isn't stupid. He's kind, loyal, and brave. I'm just... scared, uh, uhm, inappropriate...."

Wine's eyebrows were raised high. "Poom? You call him Poom? Aah, I haven't heard that name in a long time. He let you call him by that name?"

Grant chuckled. He shook his head. "Scared? Inappropriate? What do you mean?"

"I'm an orphan. Me and Poom, uhm, Forth, are like heaven and earth. I might become an obstacle in his life. He's out of my reach."

"Hm? Where did you study?" asked Grant again.

"Same university as Forth, majoring in medical."

"Beam is an A straight student, Phi," said Kit.

"A doctor. Bright one. Wow," said Wine. "And you feel you don't deserve our stupid little brother? Beam, you overestimate Forth."

"But... he's a Jamorhnoom," Beam muttered hoarsely.

"So? Jamorhnoom is just the name of a family that consists of human like you, not gods or angels. After all, you made us suffer again, maybe worse, by breaking up with Forth."

"Hm...our happy days ended quickly because this cute doctor decided to break away from the little wolf."

"What do you mean, Phi?" asked Beam confused.

"Forth is very spoiled, troublesome and stubborn. But, he is our family favorite. He made us suffer with that attitude, but suddenly he stop behaved like that after being with you and we were free. We can't imagine how his nature would be two or three times more annoying. when he wakes up later."

"Ehm, Beam, Forth is Jamorhnoom's favorite, we don't want our parents to meet you tomorrow and find out the condition of their beloved son is like this because you stopped loving him and broke Forth's heart. Maybe you'd better go home and leave him with us."

Beam's cry broke. He grabbed Forth's hand and gripped it tightly. "No, Phi, I won't leave him like this. I know, I'm guilty of breaking up with him but I love Poom so much, I always love Poom please, Phi, let me be here with him. I will do anything as long as you allow I stay with him."

"But you and Forth broke up, right?" asked Wine in a sharp tone.

Beam continued to cry while tightening his grip on Forth's hand. "I... Oh my God, what should I do?"

"Hey, Phi! Stop making my boyfriend cry!"

All heads turned in the direction the loud voice came from. Lying half-sitting, Forth glared at his two brothers.

*****