The Accident

"Who Are you? Are you okay?"

The man looked up and looked at the man in front of him, grinning. He shook his head. "It's okay. It's just a little scratch. My name Kenny."

"You shouldn't have crossed while running like that. It's very dangerous," Forth said as he looked at the man sitting with his ankles massaged.

"I'm avoiding someone's pursuit," Kenny muttered as he bit his lower lip. He tried to lean on the pavement to stand, but then screamed in pain. "Owh, my leg hurts so bad."

Forth reached out and helped Kenny to his feet. He felt a little guilty. "Looks like we have to check you into the hospital. Come on, I'll take you."

"Uum, no, you don't have to," said Kenny reluctantly. "It must be just a sprain. It just needs a little massage."

"No. I'm afraid you have a fractured bone in your leg. Come on, let's go to the hospital."

"But . . . I don't have any money," Kenny said doubtfully. He looked down.

"Don't be afraid, I will cover your medical expenses. I was the one who bumped into you, so of course I have to take responsibility. Come on, I'll call a taxi."

Kenny didn't say anything, just nodded and smiled shyly while leaning on Forth. "I have an acquaintance at the ShanVa Family hospital, can we just go there?" Kenny asked quietly. "I... don't like hospitals, and people I know will calm me down a bit."

Forth smiled a little and nodded, then hailed a passing taxi. Kenny got into the cab and sat grimacing in pain in his ankle while Forth gave the taxi driver the address of a hospital.

"I'll follow you from behind," Forth said to Kenny.

Arriving at the hospital, Forth accompanies Kenny as a young doctor carefully examines Kenny's feet.

"What's going on, Kenny? You sprained your ankle and I think there's a slight fracture in the bone. We'll have to do an X-ray to be sure," asked the examining doctor, frowning.

He looked at Forth, then turned to Kenny again. "This... your friend?"

"Jaturapoom," Forth answered quickly. "I accidentally grazed him when he suddenly crossed the road in front of me."

Kenny reached out and lightly touched Forth's arm, then answered the young doctor's question. "No, no, Phi Vram, it's my fault. I was avoiding something and was in a hurry to cross the road. I didn't see him crossing that road either. Luckily he was alert so I was only a bit rammed."

The doctor called Vram nodded and motioned for Forth to follow him away from Kenny's bed. "Mr. Jaturapoom, I think what happened to Kenny will require a long treatment time," said doctor Vram with a worried tone. "He's… an orphan and I don't think he would feel comfortable being in this hospital. He'd probably be worried about the cost of his treatment, unless…”

"I'll cover the cost, doctor," Forth cut in quickly. "Just treat him until he's completely healed. Give him the best care."

"But ... this hospital is very expensive. Or do you want to join the subsidized treatment and care program provided by this hospital? I haven't worked here for a long time, but I am familiar with the programs provided by this hospital."

"No, no. The subsidized program is for the underprivileged and I think I can more than afford to pay for Kenny's first grade treatment and care." Forth smiled a little.

Doctor Vram nodded and looked very relieved to hear Forth's words. "Thanks for that. I'm just worried because I know quite well who and how Kenny is."

"You know him very well, doc?"

"I'm close with his brother, but Kenny doesn't get along with his brother. I end up trying to reconcile the two of them a lot. He's a bit weak, and I think some people bullied him too."

Forth's phone vibrated in his jacket pocket. Forth asked doctor Vram's permission to answer the phone.

"Hello, Baby? Sorry, I'll be late tonight. Something's going on."

" .... "

"No, no, not me. You order your dinner first, don't wait for me. I have to finish this business first. I'll come when I'm done. Just eat first."

" ... "

"Sure. I'll explain later. I miss you, Baby."

Doctor Vram took Forth back to Kenny's bed, who was now sleeping.

"Doctor, please move him to the VIP room. Give him medication, treatment, and therapy until he is fully recovered. I will take care of the administration," Forth said.

Doctor Vram looked at Forth, then turned to Kenny and smiled. "Sure."

*****