Man Up

"What are you preparing for the campus moon final night?" asked Kongpob in a calm tone.

Max, Tul, Lam, and Park gulped. They know, behind his sweet face and soft voice, Kongpob harbors anger that can explode at any moment and when that happens, it's best not to be around him.

Forth looked at his senior without moving. "I'll play guitar and sing," Forth replied firmly.

"Have you been practicing? You know, Phana--the moon from medical school will also sing on the piano?" asked Wad sarcastically. "Are you too confident that your voice is better than his?"

"No, Phi," Forth replied calmly.

"Then why don't you take your training seriously?" Kongpob's tone became sharp. "And you guys," Kongpob pointed at Max, Tul, Lam and Park, "Don't try to dodge. I'm suggesting you guys escort Forth so he's serious about training, instead of being a shield for him so he can skip training at will."

The four friends of Forth that  pointed turned deathly pale. Wad, Prem, and Bright laughed. They waved their hands.

"Stand straight," Prem ordered. "Prepare your stomach muscles."

Forth stepped in front of Prem. "Phi, it's not their fault...." A fist made Forth unable to continue his speech. He fell to the floor, unprepared for the sudden blow to his stomach.

Bright, who was the largest of the tier 4 seniors, stood in front of Forth. "Stand up," Bright hissed.

Meanwhile Prem and Wad process the punishments for Max, Tul, Park, and Lam.

Bright grabbed Forth's shirt collar and braced with his fists, when suddenly his grip on Forth's collar slipped and he stumbled forward, nearly crashing into Forth.

Everyone was stunned, even Prem lowered his fist which almost hit Park's stomach.

Beam stood in front of Forth with his hands on his hips and glared at everyone else. He protected Forth with his body. "You guys are shameless! How could you, eight people with bodies as big as gorillas, gang up on one person who couldn't fight back?"

Max, Tul, Park, and Lam gasped. "Ai Beam, what is ..." Park said trying to ask Beam.

He knows Beam is a member of the crazy doctor gank, Phana and Kit's best friend. Why did he suddenly appear here?

"You know me?" Beam asked pointing to Park. "Good, that will make it easier for me to deal with you later."

Beam turned to Forth who looked confused. He held Forth's hand. "Poom, are you all right?"

"N-no," Forth replied nervously. "Why are you here?"

"I wanted to buy your favorite ice cream at the convenience store there when I looked this way and saw you."

"It's not what you think, Beam," Forth stammered.

"What did I tell you about fighting?" asked Beam sharply. "You can't fight, so why always get involved with bullies like them?"

Beam glared at the eight people in front of him. "You guys are cowards, eight on one, Hah! I'm good at taekwondo and Karate, you can look for me at the medical school if you're curious, but don't try to bother Poom. He's my boyfriend and I won't forgive anyone who tries to hurt him."

"Be-beam," Forth said trying to explain. "They are my se ..."

Beam pulled Forth's hand gently. "Come to my dorm. I'll buy you ice cream and you can stay the night. Your stomach might hurt after that big gorilla hit you," Beam said sternly, pointing at Bright and glaring at him.

He grabbed Forth's hand. "Watch out you guys, don't you dare follow us. I'll be waiting for you at my faculty tomorrow if you don't like me. Be a man and go head to head with me."

Then he drag Forth with him.

*****