Where Are You?

Beam is annoyed. He couldn't reach Forth. His phone had been inactive since this afternoon and his messages had not been read either. Beam was worried that Forth might run into trouble again.

Beam heard a knock on his door from outside, then Ming's voice was heard. "Phi Beam, are you ready? We have to get going, Phi."

Beam stared at his reflection in the mirror. He wears a black long-sleeved shirt that is rolled up to the elbows, the top two buttons are open, light blue jeans and maroon sneakers. Beam let his hair drop to his forehead and smiled contentedly at himself in the mirror. Maybe he'd meet Forth in the hall, who knows.

Beam opened the bedroom door and smiled at Ming. "You're so handsome, Ming. I'm sure you'll be selected as the engineering representative for next year's campus moon event."

Ming laughed while waiting for Beam to lock the bedroom door then they walked together towards the hostel parking lot. "You should see Phi Forth then, Phi," Ming said. "He's not just handsome. Incredibly handsome, manly, and hot."

"Forth? Who is that?"

"My senior, this year's engineering representative. He's a little stubborn and overwhelmed our seniors, but I think he's the coolest. Not to mention the Fantastic Four, his cool friends. They'll be hazer and Phi Forth head hazer this year front."

"You engineering boys, I don't understand your barbaric sotus system, although I admire your close brotherhood. Of all the campuses at Metronomia university, the engineering campus is the best in  strength and  togetherness. What's his name, Forth?"

"Yeah. You don't know him? Phi Phana has been friends with him since freshman, right?"

Beam shrugged nonchalantly. "Not all of Phana's friends are mine either. I'm not interested in boys. Many of them are just annoying."

Ming laughed. He knew who Beam was and his reputation. He knows from Kit that Beam has stopped playing Casanova even though there are still many girls who try to approach him asking for just one night to sleep with him.

Beam was determined to graduate with high marks because he wanted to become the number one surgeon. It was her mother's request before she died in an accident. Since then Beam has completely immersed himself in books. He go to bar for drink, let girls flirted, but never slept around. He'a done with the one night stand life.

"You're going to love Phi Forth and his friends. They may look scary and intimidating, but they're kind and funny."

"Hm. Maybe. We'll see him later on stage, right?"

Ming nodded. He saw Beam repeatedly staring at his phone. "You waiting for someone's call, Phi?"

"Hm. My friend. I'm worried about him."

"Phi Kit is already in the hall with Phi Phana."

"Not Kit. He's a fierce cat and can take care of himself. This... his name is Poom, economics student and even though he's big but I think he needs to be protected."

Ming tilted his head. "I think you don't make friends, Phi?"

Beam laughed bitterly. "No. Poom just came along and after a while, I got used to him. He's not like Phana or Kit. I've known them all my life and relied on them. You know, Ming, Phana is like my dad and Kit is like my mom but Poom count on me like, yeah, I just like him accompany me all ling time. He's always got wound from fighting and I'm a soon to-be doctor. I can't ignore him. Let say, I am his healer."

"Poom? Where did I hear that name, huh," Ming muttered. "Ah, here we are, Phi. You go in first while I look for a parking space. Phi Kit must be around the hall with Wayo."

Beam got out of the car and walked into the already crowded hall. He ignored the calls and screams of the girls aimed at him and focused on finding someone. Poom should be here. Doesn't he also like to accompany his friend who is the representative of the economy? Where are you, Poom, Beam thought to himself.

Beam sighed while he starred at the crowded area in front of him. I miss you, Poom.

*****