Finding Beam

Forth sighed as he stared at his phone screen. It had been three days since his dinner date with Beam had ended sadly. Since that night, Beam just disappeared. He didn't return to his dorm and his phone was never active.

Forth was very worried. The Fantastic Four and the seniors were also worried, seeing Forth like a man lost his life. He even ran over 90 laps because he didn't hear everyone calling and telling him to stop after the 90th lap.

Forth missed Beam. At Sunday Forth sat all day at Beam's door, only going out for a moment to eat then returning to his place until midnight, when he finally came home exhausted.

Monday morning before leaving for college, he came to Beam's dormitory to bring breakfast and in the afternoon after school he returned again with dinner and waited until midnight before returning to his dormitory.

Tuesday, Forth repeated his routine. Phana couldn't take it anymore. Beam didn't go to college for two days straight and he tortured Forth like that, while Forth was also too stubborn to listen to Phana's words asking Forth to stop waiting for Beam.

Phana called his cousin--Lukas, on Wednesday afternoon. Beam is still nowhere to be seen.

"Phi, can you help me a little?" asked Phana after a few questions about how each other was doing. "Find Beam please. He's gone and I'm really pissed off at him."

"Beam?" Lukas asked, laughing. "He still likes to disappear? How old is he now, ten years old?"

Phanna sighed. "That's it, Phi. If you find him, tell me that I won't put his name on the anesthesia assignment report if he doesn't show up before presentation."

"Don't worry, Nong, I'll bring him to you right away. The phone number is still the same, right?"

Lukas is a member of a secret agency specifically tasked with tracking and tracing missing people. Phana was sure he would find Beam in two days at the latest.

Phana informs Kit of his request to Lukas.

"Are you sure Phi Lukas will find Beam soon?"

"Don't worry, Kit, let alone Beam, a seasoned war criminal he was able to find in just three days of his order."

"That brat, really troubled everyone. He could even make a Forth sit in front of his bedroom door with a pitiful face until midnight, outrageous!" Kit cursed in annoyance.

Phana tapped the table with his fingernail. "I hope that after he comes back, they can sort things out well. I don't want to imagine our campus being ransacked by engineering students because Beam broke Forth's heart."

Kit grimaced in horror. He made up his mind that he would be nice to Ming the next time he came to take him out to dinner.

"Pha, Kit, have you found Beam yet?"

Phana and Kit looked up and looked towards the library entrance. Lam and Tul walked hurriedly towards them.

"Lam? Tul?" scolds Kit confused. "You're not in college?"

"We're in hurry," Tul answered quickly. "Park and Max too. This is terrible."

"Why?" Phana asked warily. "Did something happen? We haven't found Beam either."

Lam sighed. "Forth disappeared too. He didn't come to campus this morning and when I checked into his room, it looks like he hasn't been home since last night."

"Gosh," Kit said with a gasp. "Those two can drive us crazy."

"Do you still  have a class?"

"There's one more class, but we can skip it." Phana pulled Kit's hand to stand up. "Come on, Kit, we can't just sit still now."

"Phi Lukas will find them, right?" Kit asked doubtfully.

"Yes, but we also have to help them. Engineering lost Forth, and if anything were to happen to him because of Beam, it would be very dangerous for us. For medical. I don't take a risk start a war with engineering." Phana nodded to Lam and Tul. "I'll help to look for them."

*****