Screw You

"Poom. He calls me that. I thought he knew who I was, but when I realized he had absolutely no idea who I was, in the end I was so deeply in love with him that I didn't even dare to tell the truth."

Phanna sighed. He patted Kit's hand. "I know Beam is stupid because he's too distracted and plays too much, but how come he hasn't listened to me at all the few times I mentioned Forth's name since the first semester? And moreover he called Forth as Poom?"

"It's your fault, Pha! You always spoil him and get easily carried away by his whining. You even let him into the bar just because he said he was stressed from exams and needed entertainment, when two days earlier he pissed you off for fighting at the bar," Kit snapped angrily.

"You're the same, Kit, you interrupt. ... "

"Hey, hey, hey, Mom and Dad, stop fighting," Max cut in. "Think about your future son-in-law here," Max said, pointing to Forth.

Park and Lam had freed Forth from his bonds and now he was sitting on the floor with his legs wrapped around his chest. "I'm afraid Beam will stay away from me if he finds out who I am."

"You said you met him when you were fighting on that basketball court? Then, with all the people you beat strewn around you, how could Beam not know who you were?" Park asked confused.

Forth laughed softly. "I fainted briefly when the last person I beat hit my head and when I woke up I saw Beam standing in front of me. He thought I was one of the victims too and he panicked when he heard you guys approaching the field to look for me, so he grabbed my hand because he was afraid I would beaten again."

The six people in front of Forth exchanged glances, then all exploded in boisterous laughter.

"Gosh, Beam, I didn't know he could be that stupid." - Phana.

"He's never really predictable." - Kits.

"I'd love to be there when he finds you, Forth." - Park.

"It must have been a very funny scene." - Lam.

"That Casanova turned out to be very innocent." - Max.

"Poor Doctor Beam. He tricked you, Forth." - Tul.

Tul's words, which he said while laughing, made everyone suddenly fall silent. Phana and Kit looked at each other, grinning.

"Forth," Kit said quietly. "You'd better start thinking about how to tell the truth from now on."

"Don't let him find out from anyone else. He'll be furious and you wouldn't want that to happen. Beam hates being lied to," added Phana.

"He doesn't like fighting either, even though he's good at martial arts. It's because of... what he went through as a teenager," Kit said quiety.

"What happened to him?" asked Forth. Phana shook his head. "Kit and I can't tell. We promised Beam it's a secret between the three of us until death. He'll have to tell you himself, when he feels sure you're someone he can trust."

"You maybe looked at Beam as an angel. He is nice, kind, and care, but, uh, you have to know him when he is in rage. He will be your death angel, Forth," said Kit. "Bless your soul, Forth."

"Yeah, we had seen that side of Beam, Kit," said Max shiverred. "He was so scary, challenged our senior to fight one by one and called them coward."

"Served you right, Forth," Park snapped. "I thought that day would never come. You lied to him from the start."

"Hey! I'm not lying," Forth argued. "I just... didn't tell the truth."

The six people in front of Forth snorted in unison.
"SCREW YOU, POOM!"

*****