Chapter 70

Elonzo's POV.

I glared at the door as she slammed it shut and ran. This girl doesn't like to stay out of trouble.

I felt someone struggle against my arms and turned my attention to Anna again. I narrowed my eyes at her.

"Why have you been ignoring me?" I asked. Her head snapped up, her gaze meeting mine. Her eyes were wide, before she decided to look at the certain button on my shirt, to avoid looking into my eyes.

"To annoy you." She mumbled, making me scowl.

"That's all?" I asked, raising an eyebrows. She nodded.

"But you were being a meanie!" She exclaimed, poking my chest with her finger accusingly.

"How so?" I tilted my head to the side. She narrowed her eyes at me.

"Don't even think about playing innocent, old man." She gritted. I leaned down, narrowing my eyes. Her eyes widened as she tried to move her face away from mine.

"Don't ever ignore me again, sweetheart." I said, lowly, in a warning tone.

That annoyed me too much for my liking.

"Whatever." She mumbled turning her head to the side. I chuckled and turned her head back to face me.

She had an adorable scowl on her face and a slight pout. Not to mention, the blush that crept on her face.

She looked into my eyes for a whole minute, while I tried not to break eye contact. Her lips were luring me to adore them.

She looked down, below my nose, making a small smirk to tug at my lips as I finally closed the gap between us and pressed my lips to hers.

Her hands stayed glued to my chest, my shirt in her fists as she pushed herself up, standing on her tippy toes. I smirked and picked her up, making her immediately wrap her legs around my waist.

"Date tomorrow?" I asked, mid-kiss. She nodded, in her own world.

I smiled, feeling her hands in my hair, as she had her arms wrapped around my neck. She ran her fingers through my hair, while I just had one hand at her lower back and the other on the back of her neck.

Perfect.

That little rat decided to wake up at the wrong time, because I heard his little barks from behind me. Her closet.

"Scooby, shut up!" I scolded, making him go quiet, without even looking at him. I turned my focus to the important task I was doing.

We pulled away after a long time, panting for breath, as she tried to hide her flustered face, by burying it in my shoulder. Anna struggled to jump down, so I let her.

But once she did, we were met with a shocking scene.

Scooby was on the bed, still stuck in Evvie's hoodie, as we could see his head poking out from where the human head goes. His face was on the bed, his one paw on one eye, that was closed, of course, and the other paw on the bed, as he looked up at us through one eye.

I chuckled at that sight, despite my not so good relationship with my baby's baby.

"He's so cute." Anna cooed, making my heart skip a beat. I watched her as she moved forward and ever so gently pulled scooby out. He tried licking her mouth, attempting to kiss her in dog language. That's what baby told me, at least.

I narrowed my eyes. He doesn't get to kiss my girlfriend.

What a playdog! Sees a chance and grabs it. He's the first one to run to any girl he sees and start kissing them immediately.