Chapter 62

Extra long chapter.
❤❤❤❤

Third POV.

Will walked to Evvie's room, humming to a tune, in a very good mood, like always. He was going to wake her up for breakfast, which takes a lot of time.

Opening the door to her room, he stepped inside and immediately went to open the curtains. Letting the light in, he turned to her.

"Ev-" He cut himself off, when his eyes landed on her state.

She was holding a hot bag to her lower abdomen, her hand resting on top of it. Her other hand was on her forehead, supporting her head, while she slept. A frown still on her face. She definitely cried last night.

'Poor baby.' He thought, then suddenly panicked when realisation hit him hard. His eyes widened, when he looked at the open curtains.

He frantically closed the curtains again, trying not to make a sound. He heaved a sigh of relief when he was successful in closing them, without waking her up.

How scary would that have been.

That's a lesson they've learnt. You never cross paths with her when she's on her period.

He managed to tiptoe over to her, putting his hand on the bag, checking if it was warm enough. It was good for the time being, so he quietly tiptoed out of her room.

"Stay out of Evvie's way everyone." He announced as soon as he got downstairs.

"Why?" David asked. Nathan smacked his head.

"Why else?" He asked, with a suggestive look and shook his head when his eyes widened.

"It's brother killing week everyone. Stay alert." Diego announced, grabbing the attention of the oldies, who were sitting in the dining room.

Will shook his head and walked into the dining room.

"What happened?" Marco asked, looking at Will weirdly.

He chuckled before responding.
"Brother killing week starts today." He shrugged.

"Oh." Drake said.

That's their code word for when Evvie gets her period. That means they have to stay alert, observe if she's too upset and if she is, stay out of her way. Don't piss her off more and try not to get killed. Hence, brother killing week.

"We ran out of ice-cream yesterday." Emilio said, standing up and walking to the kitchen. He came back, shaking his head.

"I'll go buy some." Uncle Harris said, getting up.

The aunts were out meeting friends. Their Dad, Uncle John, Uncle Gioffre and Grandpa were out for business. It was just the Romano siblings and Uncle Harris at home.

Just as he walked out, Elonzo got up and walked to the living room. Standing in the doorway, he crossed his arms and cleared his throat to gain attention. The boys looked at him and some even dared to roll their eyes, knowing what lecture was coming.

"I don't want any of you messing with her. You know the rules, don't annoy her. Let her be, if she's too upset and moody." He said, simply. All the boys nodded. "If I find out, any of you annoyed her and made her cry, consider yourself dead. Stay away from her. Got it?"

No one tried to annoy her during these days. Partially out of fear, partially out of care.

Evvie slept till late morning, almost noon. When she woke up, there was just one thought revolving in her mind.