Chapter 61

"This is where we're staying?" I asked, gaping at the castle before me.

Remember I said, the party mansion was huge. This one had to be atleast three times. The driveway alone wasn't coming to an end.

"Yeah." He chuckled. "And don't worry about the room. Grandpa made sure it was arranged beforehand for you." He said, almost sounding jealous.

"What does that mean?" I asked.

"That means the favouritism continues because he got a room renovated just for the princess to reside in. We still get the same rooms. Smaller than the oldest ones." He gritted. I chuckled and rushed out of the car and to the mansion.

"We're home." I yelled.

"Why did it take so long?" Vince asked, appearing out of a room, which I'd guess is the living room.

"We stopped for ice-cream." I smiled. He mirrored my expressions and hugged me.

"We're all gonna enjoy this vacation so much." He said, kissing my head.

"Yeah. I'm gonna kill some brothers while we're here." I said, lifting my head from his chest and looking around. "Where are the others?" I asked.

"They are all in their rooms sleeping." He said.

"Why didn't you go rest then? You must be tired too." I said, raising an eyebrow.

He was cut off by a loud yawn behind me.

"Anyways, goodnight." Luciano said, stretching then moving to the stairs.

"So?" I asked, looking at Vince.

"I'm tired but I can't sleep." He shrugged.

Poor kid.

"Great." I muttered. "I slept through the whole flight, so I can't sleep either. Can we watch TV?"

"Sure." He said, smiling slightly.

I scrolled through movies, while Vince went to grab some snacks for us to eat while watching.

"This one." I announced when he came back to sit beside me, setting the snacks on the table.

"No." He said, simply, glaring at the poor TV.

"Why not?" I whined.

"Because that's a horror movie." He deadpanned.

I groaned.
"Come on. You oldies need to chill." I rolled my eyes. He simply picked up the remote and put Moana on.

Great. I looked down to see if I was still in a teenager's body. I don't know how they see me as a baby.

"Don't pout. This is a great movie." He said, pulling me into a side hug. I leaned into the comforting hug, while he ran his fingers through my hair continuously.

About five minutes into the movie, I was leaning sideways, with my elbow on the arm of the couch, while Vince had his head on my lap, turned towards the TV. I was stroking HIS hair, which was making ME sleepy.

"Go to sleep, little one." I said, in a heavy voice, earning a sleepy chuckle from him.

So hair stroking works on everyone. Oldie is almost asleep.

"You know." Vince paused the movie, suddenly turning to me. "I'm lucky to have you as my sister."

He was laying on his side before, now he was laying on his back, looking at me.

I furrowed my eyebrows.
"What? Why are you telling me this so suddenly and randomly?" I asked, chuckling. "Also, I know. I'm so cool."

"I don't know." He chuckled. "I still can't believe how you, a person who puts others before her and takes more care of others than herself, was born into our family." He said, an adoring look on his face. "I guess, credit goes to Aunt Everly."