Chapter 67

Zack's POV.

I peeked out of my room to see if the coast was clear.

That tomboy is going to pay if I get caught tonight and get killed.

I walked quietly through the halls, towards her room. It was late already and everyone had just crashed on their beds, exhausted from the ball.

I did tell her, I'll be sneaking in tonight. So either she's alone, maybe asleep maybe not. Or she's cuddling with someone and almost asleep.

Ugh. I want cuddles too, but we never had the chance to.

I put my ear to her door. Silence. So, I opened the door as quietly as I could and poked my head in.

A smirk made it's way to my lips when I saw her laying on her bed, with airpods on. She was awake unless she danced in her sleep, judging by the tapping of her hands and feet.

I stepped inside and shut the door quietly.

Okay. I might have melted as soon as I saw that turtle plushie in her hands.

At the same time, I wanted to rip it into pieces because I want to be its place. I want the cuddles.

Inching closer, so as not to startle her just now, I admired the sight more and more.

I had to stop for a second to check if my heart was beating, because I really felt it skip a beat. It indeed was, like a mad horse.

Looming over her, I bent down to put my hands on both sides of her head.
"Boo." I said, when she opened her eyes, startled after feeling the weight of my hands on the bed.

I put my hand over her mouth just in time.

Tomboy would have gotten me killed if she shrieked like a jail alarm. Stupid nerd.

She looked at me wide-eyed, breathing heavily.

"Owww..." I said, as quietly as I could. She bit my hand and punched me at the same time.

This little... I can't even think of a hateful enough word. I narrowed my eyes.

"You scared me, stupid pighead." She said. Now that made my narrowed eyes go back to their normal size and I started laughing.

She narrowed her eyes this time. I rolled over her to lay on the other side of the bed, before pulling her towards me, so she was laying on top of me.

"I should make up for it then." I whispered, as she looked down at me, blushing like the idiot but cute tomboy she is.

She was about to say whatever witty remark she had, before I cut her off by pulling her down, by my hand on the back of her neck.

I couldn't take that picture out of my mind. Her wearing that dress, looking more gorgeous than ever. Not to mention how cute she looked when she was gobbling on all kinds of desserts.

I could feel her heartbeat, considering I was supporting her full weight right now. I wrapped my arm tighter around her waist, pulling her tighter against my body.

I don't know what is happening. I would never have thought kissing could be so dreamy. Yeah. That's the right word. Kissing her feels like all of the stress and problems fading away.

"You're so pretty, Nerdy." I said, pulling away and burying my face in her hair that were covering our faces like a curtain, when she lifted her head.

She chuckled, lowering her head again, to bury it in my neck. Her forehead near my ear and her chin near mine.

"You too, princess." She said, quietly, almost as if she didn't want me to hear it.