Chapter 48

"Come on, Coach."

"I said No, Monkey. Stop whining." Axel said, as he shot me a look, that was scary but not scary enough.

"But I already train so hard." I said, pouting.

"Then you have to train harder." He shrugged. Max snickered, clearly enjoying the show.

"No, I don't." I huffed.

"It's for your own good." Axel said, putting his hands on his hips.

"I know. But I don't want to spend hours here, practicing." I pouted, looking up at him, really like a puppy.

"That's great. I didn't ask if you wanted to." He said, looking away. "Don't give me that look."

"Max." I said, looking at Max, who was just about to run and grab some popcorn. "Do something."

"I can't. Do you think I wanna die?" He shrugged.

I groaned and got back to work.

After about an hour, Axel finally dismissed us.

"So, how's everything going?" Axel said, as he took a seat beside me, after Max went home. I was waiting for someone to pick me up.

"Great." I said, smiling at him.

"You look better." He said, smiling at me adoringly.

"What?" I laughed.

"You haven't zoned out much." He said, nodding his head.

God was really generous when he gave me all these caring people. I mean, they even notice things so small.

"Yeah. I had to go see a therapist." I said, holding back a groan.

Yes, Peter helped me. But that doesn't change the fact that I was forced to see a therapist. Nathan and his stupid condition.

"Of course, you had to." He said, putting emphasis on had. "You were not willing to go by yourself."

I rolled my eyes.
"I thought I was fine. But now I'm better. So I was wrong, I guess." I shrugged.

My eyes landed on the envelope on the bench beside me. It was addressed to Axel, of course.

Wait a second.

Axel Rivera.

How could I not realise this before? I really forgot Axel's full name.

"Do you know, you and my therapist have the same last names?" I said, looking at him. Something flashed through his eyes, before he looked away. That small something was nearly unnoticeable.

"Oh?" He said, before chuckling. "What a coincidence."

"You're hiding something." I said, furrowing my eyebrows. "Are you related to him?"

He smiled at me.
"Don't think too much, monkey. Not everyone having the same last name is related." He said, booping my nose. "I was thinking about upgrading some equipments, by the way."

"No. You're hiding something. Tell me." I said, stubbornly. He looked at me for a long time, during which I felt his exterior breaking, before he sighed.

"Ask Elonzo about it." He said, smiling nervously.

What? So Elonzo is hiding something too? That big scary man is going to be scared for real.

"Okay." I said, reluctantly, just as my phone rang. "Okay. See you tomorrow. Marco is here to pick me up." I said, hugging him and walking out.

I still don't know why they don't let me drive a bike or have a driver drop me.