Chapter 30

Dear readers,
I'm suing you all for always (somehow) persuading me to do a double update.
So trucking easily!!
😤😤
--------

He entered the room. There she was, looking as beautiful as she looked when they first met. His heart ached. They've been away from each other for so long.

He took a seat beside her bed. After getting over the mini heart she got after seeing him, Everly smiled at him. A fond smile on her face.

"Hello Everly." He said, smiling unknowingly. A bright smile on his face.

Everly looked at him with longing and adoration. She had been dying to have a look at him. Newspapers helped. But she longed to actually meet him and beg for forgiveness and forgive him in return.

But she was stuck between raising her daughter into a kind human or living with his husband and watch how that world suppresses her.

And she was yet again surprised by her daughter. She didn't know what Evvie did, but whatever it was, she was grateful. She fulfilled her only wish. She was stubborn like her father and could do anything for her family. She was more like him. Stubborn, angry, determined and a leader. But childish, bubbly, kind and always wearing a smile like her mother. But Everly always thought she was more like her father. She acted more like him.

Everly looked at the tall man standing near the door.

Elonzo.

"He looks just like you." She muttered adoringly. Her baby. He had grown well, into a powerful man like his father.

"I heard I have a daughter?" Stephan asked, looking hopeful.

Everly looked confused. That confusion on her face crushed his hopes. Almost. Until Everly looked at the girl.

Sensing that look, Evelina took off the mask and the glasses.

That's when his stone cold heart fluttered, seeing those bright green eyes when she removed the sunglasses.

But he never expected her to look like him. Of course. He never even thought he had a daughter. He felt like he would faint. He felt so weak and overwhelmed.

Yet again, he was stuck between being angry at his wife, for not telling him about his daughter or being guilty, because he was at fault too.

He didn't know whether to be happy he had a little girl, his and Everly's daughter. Or be sad, he's getting to know about her after fifteen years.

But before he could say anything, her face morphed into anger and she stormed out.

That broke him. Worse than anything. But could he blame her?

She had seen his heartless side. Knowing her mom was about to die and just wanted to see him for the last time, but he refused.

"She hates me." He whispered, pathetically.

"Don't worry. She's overwhelmed. She tends to make wrong decisions when she's like this. Just like you." Everly said, as Elonzo left them alone.

That hurt. Just like him. He made wrong decisions when he let his desperation take over and messed up his life. He made wrong decisions when he started drinking and taking drugs.

"I'm sorry." He said, before he could stop.

Why was he apologising? She was at fault too.

But seeing that her actions were a result of whatever he did and put her through, he felt like he was more at fault.