1 9

YEAR FOUR, CHAPTER NINETEEN

FERRET BOY
__________________________________

After a few days students began making badges, one in particular that shows a picture of Cedric and then flashes to Potter Stinks. Francesca proudly wore the badge along side other students.

Harry was walking through the courtyard when Draco called out to him, jumping down from the tree he was sitting in.

"Draco, don't," Francesca said. Draco ignored the girl.

"Why so tense Potter?" Draco asked. "My father and I have a bet you see. I don't think you're gonna last ten minutes in this tournament. He disagrees. He thinks you won't last five," Draco said.

"I don't give a damn what you or your father thinks Malfoy. He's vile and cruel, and you're just pathetic," Harry said. Francesca's eyes widened at Harry's comment as she held back a laugh
from the look on Draco's face.

Harry began to walk away and Francesca watched Draco as he began to draw his wand, ready to cast a spell on Harry. Until Mad-Eye appeared and turned Draco into a ferret.

Pansy let out a squeal and ran off behind Millicent and Theodore, Francesca stayed put, protesting for Mad-Eye to stop.

"I'll teach you to cast when someone's back is turned!" Mad-Eye yelled as Professor McGonagall appeared.

"Professor Moody what are you doing?" The older woman asked.

Francesca watched as the Professor's argued back and forth. Mad-Eye continued to move Draco around and everyone began to laugh, except for Crabbe, Goyle and Francesca who were worried about their friend.

McGonagall turned Draco back to normal and Francesca let out a sigh of relief.

"My father will hear about this!" Draco said and ran off leaving his friends in the dirt. Francesca chased after him, no way was she staying there alone.

"Merlin, Draco! Are you alright?" Francesca asked once they reached the Common Room.

"I'm fine," he grunted.

"Just a bruised ego?" She chuckled.

"Maybe..." he mumbled, looking down at the girl. Francesca sighed, giving him a comforting hug. "Are you sure your boyfriend will be okay with this?" Draco asked.

"It's only a hug-" Francesca couldn't even finish her sentence when she heard Theodore's voice.

"Is this a joke Fran?!" Theodore yelled. "Draco Malfoy, really? I should have known you would try and take her from me!" Theodore said, everyone turned towards to look at the scene.

"It wasn't like that Theo... you saw what just happened, I was comforting him," Francesca said.

"Shut up!" Theodore yelled. Francesca looked down at her feet.

"Don't speak to her like that!" Draco yelled back. Theodore pushed Draco. "Shove off Nott, don't forget about last year at Hogsmeade. I'm taller than you now as well," Draco spat.

Theodore grabbed Francesca's wrist and pulled her away from Draco.

"Don't disrespect me Fran," Theodore said.

"You hug Daphne all the time!" Francesca yelled, snatching her wrist away from him.

"That's different..." he muttered. She rolled her eyes and stormed up to her dorm, ignoring him for the rest of the night.