4 3

YEAR SIX, CHAPTER FOURTY THREE

AMORTENTIA
__________________________________

Francesca was in Potions, listening to Professor Slughorn drone on about the class she hated the most. Harry Potter and Ron Weasley burst through the door, Francesca tuned out the conversation happening before her, thinking about her boyfriend.

She wondered why Draco was so different. What had happened during the Summer to make him change? To make him become a miserable shell of his old self. Francesca wanted to help, but she couldn't help someone who didn't want to be helped. So all she could do is sit back and watch as he spiralled more and more each day.

"Now Amortentia doesn't create actual love, of course. That's impossible," Slughorn said, revealing the love potion to the students. "But it does cause a powerful infatuation or obsession. For that reason, it is probably the most dangerous potion in this room."

Francesca stared at the potion, involuntarily leaning forwards with many of the other girls in the room. It smelt fruity, like apples. A hint of rose and expensive cologne.

Draco, she thought, closing her eyes.

It wasn't until Slughorn covered the potion that she snapped out of it, shaking her head and glancing at Draco who was staring down at her.

Slughorn continued to talk and Francesca listened closely, she wanted to win the liquid luck. She'd give it to Draco, at least then he'd have one good day. But Potions wasn't her best subject, in fact it was her worst.

So when she failed at making the potion she wasn't surprised. Disappointed but not surprised. Harry Potter was the one to win the liquid luck.

When classes finally finished for the day Francesca returned back to the Common Room with an annoyed Draco.

"Draco!" Francesca called as he began stalking up the stairs to his dorm, leaving her in the dust. "Don't ignore me," she glared, walking up behind him, trying her best to hold onto the railing as the steps turned into a slide. Francesca's hand slipped off of the rail and she slid down the slide, landing flat on her arse.

Pansy rushed over to her friend, bending down next to her as Francesca glared up the stairs. Her boyfriend was nowhere to be seen.

"Are you alright?" Pansy asked.

"I'm fine," Francesca groaned, standing up and dusting herself off. "What an arse," Francesca sneered.

"He's been weird lately," Pansy said.

"I know, he won't tell me what's wrong," Francesca sighed, running her fingers through her hair. "I'm sure he'll tell me when he's ready," Francesca said.

Pansy gave her a weak smile, taking her hand and leading her up the stairs to her dorm. They sat for hours talking and laughing, Francesca even cried about everything. Draco, Cedric about her mother. That's when she realised that she hadn't told Draco about her mother yet.