0 1

YEAR ONE, CHAPTER ONE

FRANCESCA DIGGORY
__________________________________

Francesca Diggory held tight onto her big brothers hand, staring up at the big red train in front of her with fear and excitement.

Her first year at Hogwarts was about to begin and she felt sick to her stomach. Francesca was worried about a lot of things. Would she make friends? What house would she be sorted into? She hoped for Hufflepuff like her big brother.

Cedric let go of his little sisters hand and she glanced up at him. "You palms are sweaty," he said, wiping his hand on his pants.

"Sorry," she muttered as her father and mother finally caught up to them.

"Made it. Just in time to see you both off," Amos smiled, giving Francesca a firm hug. "Be nice to your sister now, Cedric," Amos said, ruffling Cedric's hair.

The two siblings said goodbye to their parents and walked towards the train. Francesca watched Cedric happily enter the train while she held back tears, following him around like a lost puppy.

The train began to move and Francesca waved goodbye to her parents for the last time until the holidays. She blinked away her tears, refusing to cry in front of a bunch of strangers.

"You should find people your age to sit with Fran, that's what I had to do," Cedric said. Francesca shook her head, sticking by Cedric's side. He sighed, placing his hands on her shoulders. "You can't hang around with me forever, you should make friends while you can and the train ride over is the perfect opportunity," Cedric said, glancing over Francesca's shoulder.

"There," he pointed to a young girl with jet black hair searching for a compartment to sit in. "She looks around your age, go make friends with her," Cedric said.

"I don't want to talk to a stranger!" Francesca exclaimed.

He chuckled, "you can do this."

Francesca sighed, leaving her brother and walking towards the girl. "Excuse me?" Francesca said, tapping her on the shoulder. She turned around with an unreadable expression on her face. "Is this your first year as well?" Francesca asked.

The raven haired girl nodded, opening the door to the compartment she had found. "I'm Pansy Parkinson," she said.

"Francesca Diggory," Francesca replied. "Do you mind if I sit with you?" She asked. Pansy shrugged and Francesca walked in, closing the compartment door behind her, she turned around and saw another girl sitting inside.

"This is my friend, Millicent Bulstrode," Pansy said. Francesca nodded and sat down across from the girls.

At first it was awkward but after a few hours the three girls were giggling and telling stories, getting to know each other. Francesca was happy, she just hoped that they remained friends once they were sorted into houses, or maybe they could all be sorted into Hufflepuff together.

"We should try and find other people our age," Pansy suggested. Francesca agreed with her, she felt at ease making even more friends now that she had Pansy to accompany her.

"I think i'll stay here, make sure no one steals our compartment," Millicent said, digging into a chocolate frog.

Pansy and Francesca left the compartment, searching high and low for people with plain grey robes who looked about their age.

They came across a compartment with three boys inside and Pansy took it upon herself to slide the door open with no warning. The boys looked up, all with annoyed expressions.

"I'm Pansy Parkinson, this is my friend, Francesca Diggory, we're trying to make friends," Pansy said, staring at all three boys. Francesca stood awkwardly next to her, refusing to make eye contact with any of them.

"I'm Malfoy. Draco Malfoy. This is Crabbe and Goyle," the blond boy introduced himself. Francesca's eyes widened slightly at the name Malfoy.

Pansy smiled. "I've heard a lot about the Malfoy's," Pansy said, crossing her arms in front of her.

Draco hummed. "If you don't mind we'd like to be left alone now," he said, standing up and shutting the door in Pansy's face.

Pansy scoffed, linking her arm with Francesca's and walking off. "What a twat," Pansy said. Francesca chuckled and the two girls made their way down the hall looking for more people to talk to.