1 2

YEAR THREE, CHAPTER TWELVE

NOT MY KEEPER
__________________________________

Francesca was excited, she was about to visit Hogsmeade for the first time. She eagerly handed her permission slip over to Professor Filch and followed the line of students towards Hogsmeade.

"Aren't you excited?" Pansy said, linking arms with Francesca.

"Sure, I just can't wait to have a butterbear," Francesca smiled.

Pansy gagged. "Yuck! Butterbear is disgusting," Pansy said. Francesca gasped and the two girls giggled.

Meanwhile the boys slowly trailed behind the group of Slytherin girls in front of them. Talking nonsense, until Theodore Nott began to speak.

"The girls are really starting to... blossom, huh?" Theodore began.

"Blossom? What does that even mean?" Blaise asked, screwed up his face at Theodore's question.

"I mean exactly what you think I mean Zabini," Theodore said, staring directly at Francesca. Draco noticed his lingering eyes and grew angry.

"Stop looking at her like a piece of meat Nott," Draco hissed, glaring at Theodore.

Theodore chuckled. "You can't talk Malfoy, didn't you just use Pansy simply so you could say you have a girlfriend?" Theodore asked.

Draco shook his head, ignoring the boy as he started raving on and on about the girls. Francesca especially.

There's only so much ignoring one person can do before they snap and Theodore was pushing all of Draco's buttons.

"I mean wouldn't you just love to see Fran naked?" Theodore said a smirk on his face.

Draco pushed past Goyle who was standing between him and Theodore and pushed Theodore to the ground. Draco's fist connected with Theodore's cheek. Over and over.

Tracey was the first to see and she quickly made the other girls aware. They all came rushing over yelling for Draco to stop.

"Seriously Malfoy?! Get off of him!" Francesca yelled. Draco looked up at her a glare on his face. He stood up, stalking away from Theodore.

Pansy dropped to her knees in front of the boy who was clutching his face in pain and Francesca chased after Draco.

"What was that all about Malfoy?" Francesca asked, grabbing his robes. Draco pushed her off of him, continuing his walk. "Malfoy!" Francesca yelled.

Draco stopped and turned around to face her. "He was being inappropriate," Draco said. Francesca furrowed her eyebrows. "He was saying disrespectful things about... someone," Draco shook his head.

Francesca chuckled in disbelief. "Disrespectful things? Like you're so innocent, you constantly say disrespectful things to people," Francesca said, crossing her arms.

"He was saying them about you, Francesca," Draco sighed. Francesca furrowed her eyebrows. She had never heard her full name fall from his lips before. "Talking about you naked..." Draco muttered.

"Me naked?" She laughed. "Seriously Malfoy, you don't need to punch him over that. Besides, I think he's rather cute, i'm flattered," Francesca shrugged with a smile.

"Don't be flattered! He is vile Diggory, stay away from him," Draco said.

"You're not my keeper," She responded and with that Draco turned around and walked away from her.

It was true, he wasn't her keeper but he sure as hell hoped that she would at least listen to him when it came to Theodore Nott.