2 1

YEAR FOUR, CHAPTER TWENTY ONE

I DON'T DANCE
__________________________________

Professor Snape gathered all the Slytherin students to inform them that with the Tri-Wizard Tournament came a Yule Ball.

The girls were all over the moon excited about this, the boys not so much. Snape recommended that they all practice dancing, but he didn't care enough to teach them and with that he left the Slytherin students to do what they want with that information.

Pansy and Francesca practiced dancing for hours and hours. The other girls did too, switching partners with each other, laughing and talking about how exciting this was.

"What are we going to wear?" Daphne asked. "I never thought we'd have a ball so I haven't got any formal dresses," Daphne sighed.

"I come prepared every year. I've got a dress sitting in my wardrobe dying to be worn," Pansy smiled, thinking about her pretty dress.

"I'll have to Owl my mother, ask her to send me a dress or two," Francesca said.

"Hogsmeade has a dress shop, we could always go take a look?" Millicent suggested. Daphne agreed while Tracey complained about how much she loathes dresses and how she'll be wearing a suit.

"Theodore, dance with me?" Francesca smiled at her boyfriend.

"I don't dance Fran, besides i'm having a conversation here," Theodore said, returning to his conversation with Crabbe and Goyle. Pansy glanced over at Draco and he nodded.

"I'll dance with you," Draco stood up, walking towards Francesca. Theodore glared at the blond boy.

"What are you playing at Malfoy?" Theodore asked, standing up and stalking over to him.

"Diggory wants to dance and since you're being a twat i'll dance with her," Draco said. "I'm doing you a favour considering you can't dance and your conversation about how attractive Fleur Delacour is is so much more important," Draco sneered.

Theodore glared at Draco as he took Francesca's hand and led her to the middle of the room. Francesca had a sad look on her face and Draco felt guilty for what he had said.

"I'm sorry," Draco sighed. "You could do so much better, Diggory," Draco said.

"It's fine..." She mumbled back.

"I don't know why you let him treat you the way he does," Draco said. "He doesn't deserve you, surly you know that."

"I don't want to talk about this Draco," Francesca said. "He's probably just having a stressful week," Francesca tried to defended Theodore. Draco didn't believe a single word that came from her mouth.

Theodore Nott was a jerk, simple as that.