4 9

YEAR SIX, CHAPTER FOURTY NINE

PANSY KEEPING IT REAL
__________________________________

It was late in the afternoon, Francesca was cuddled up close to Draco by the fireplace. Her head was resting against his shoulder while Draco rubbed gentle circles into her back.

All of their friends were sitting around the fire also, talking about everything and anything. It seemed as though for once things between the Slytherin friend group weren't depressing. Francesca was happy for this moment of normal she was experiencing.

Millicent and Crabbe were talking amongst themselves, laughing at their jokes and smiling warmly at each other.

Daphne and Tracey were snogging in front of the fire, Blaise and Goyle were stealing glances at the girls, trying to make it not look obvious.

"Their relationship isn't a fetish boys," Pansy whispered, clicking her fingers in front of both of their faces. "Stare off," she said, rolling her eyes.

Blaise cleared his throat looking up at the ceiling while Goyle looked down at his hands.

"Just intrigued is all," Goyle mutter. Pansy scoffed, looking over at Francesca who was sleeping soundly. She glanced at Draco, staring blankly into the fire and her eyes trailed down his arm to his slightly rolled up sleeve.

Pansy's eyes went wide, Draco's Dark Mark was poking out of his sleeve. Questions ran through her mind. Did Francesca know? Was the main question she had.

Draco caught her staring, she looked like a deer in headlights and followed her eyes to his arm. He cursed himself and quickly fixed his sleeve.

Pansy looked back at his face, her eyebrows furrowed. Draco was begging her with his eyes to keep this quiet and she knew. Pansy nodded, looking over at her best friend.

Her innocent best friend. Her best friend who was once so pure. Pansy pursed her lips, Francesca had been through so much in such a short amount of time. Pansy wished she could go back in time when things were simpler.

"I'm going to bed," Pansy announced, standing up and heading off to her dorm. Daphne and Tracey shortly followed after her, wrapped up in their own happy world.

Francesca woke up at the commotion of people leaving for bed, she rubbed her eyes and looked up at Draco with a smile.

"I'm tired," she muttered. "I'm going to go to bed," Francesca said, standing up.

"I'll come with you, help you with the stairs," Draco said, grabbing her hand and standing up also.

She smiled. "I want to sleep in my own bed tonight," Francesca said. Draco furrowed his eyebrows.

"Did I do something wrong?" He asked.

"No, I just miss my own bed is all," Francesca said, stepping on her tip toes to give him a kiss. "I love you."

"I love you too," Draco said.

He watched her as she walked away from him and up the stairs to her dorm were she fell into a deep peaceful sleep.

Little did Francesca know that it was the last
good night she would have for a while.