2 0

YEAR FOUR, CHAPTER TWENTY

SOFT SPOT
__________________________________

The first challenge of the Tri-Wizard Tournament began and Francesca watched in anticipation as Cedric battled against a dragon.

By the end of it she was on the edge of her seat and cheered louder than she ever had before when he completed the task.

"He did it!" Francesca cried, wrapping her arms around Theodore. "He actually did it!"

"And he looked good doing it," Pansy teased, nudging her friend with a smirk. Francesca was too happy to comment on Pansy's remark about Cedric.

Once the tournament was over hundreds of students scurried back to their dorms to hang out before dinner began. Francesca was jumping around with glee bragging to all of her friends about her brother and his victory.

"Merlin Francesca!" Theodore yelled. "We get it your brother completed his challenge, will you just shut up?!" He roared. Everyone went silent.

"What's your problem?" Francesca asked, screwing up her face. "You've been a real jerk recently Theodore, what have I done wrong?!" Francesca yelled back, glaring at her boyfriend.

"Honestly Fran, you just won't give me what I want," Theodore said. "But i'm willing to wait as long as it takes," he said, wrapping his arms around her waist.

"What the hell is it that you want?" Francesca asked.

"Can't say it here, there's kids around," he whispered, sending a wink her way. Francesca scoffed in disgust and threw herself away from him.

"Stop being so foul! I'm not ready," Francesca said, crossing her arms and sitting down on the lounge with Pansy.

"Back off Theo," Pansy said sternly, the cogs in Pansy's brain were ticking every single day and every day she got closer and closer to realising what this relationship truly was. Today was the push she needed to see clearly.

Francesca was in a toxic relationship.

Later that evening Pansy pulled Draco aside.

"Theodore and Francesca need to break up," Pansy said, desperation in her voice. "Please help me break them up," she begged.

"What am I supposed to do?" Draco asked.

"I don't know... maybe... maybe make her see what a true gentleman is like," Pansy shrugged. "Because you are more of a gentleman than Theodore is and I know you have a soft spot for Fran," Pansy said.

"I do not have a soft spot for her," Draco said, rolling his eyes.

"Don't try and lie to me, Malfoy," Pansy said. "Deny it all you want but I know the truth and I know you hate them being together as much as I do," Pansy crossed her arms over her chest.

"I'll try..." Draco muttered before walking away, leaving Pansy in the dust.