2 6

YEAR FOUR, CHAPTER TWENTY SIX

WHEN IT ALL COMES CRUMBLING DOWN
__________________________________

Music was blaring as the crowd cheered. It was the last tournament today and Francesca couldn't wait to see who would win. She hoped for Cedric, obviously.

Amos was in the crowd, sitting amongst other champions family members. Francesca was so happy to see her dad, especially after the crazy year she's had.

Francesca sat down with her friends, Pansy on one side of her and Draco on the other. Theodore was sitting behind her being loud and shouting with Blaise as the champions emerged.

Everyone went silent as Dumbledore began to talk.

"Now as Mr Diggory-" The crowd cheered loudly for Cedric. "And Mr Potter tied for first position they will be the first to enter the maze. Followed by Mr Krum," The Bulgarian crowd cheered. "The first person to touch the cup will be the winner," Dumbledore finished

Francesca watched as Cedric hugged her father. Dumbledore began counting and the cannon went off Cedric entered the maze and the entrance closed up behind him.

Hours past, Fleur Delacour was out, that left Cedric, Harry and Viktor. Francesca felt anxiety, she on the edge of her seat hoping that Cedric would be the winner.

As another hour went past suddenly both Harry and Cedric appeared with the Tri-Wizard cup, both of them laying on the ground. Crowd went wild, as did Francesca, standing up from her seat, clapping and cheering.

Cedric had won! She was so happy.

Then suddenly people began to go quiet and look panicked. Fleur Delacour screamed and everyone went silent, all that could be heard was Harry Potter's loud cries.

Francesca's heart beat fast as she stared down at the scene below her, and it went silent. All she could hear was her breath, her palms grew sweaty. She felt faint, staring down at her brother who laid still on the ground.

"He's back, he's back! Voldemort's back. Cedric, he asked me to bring his body back. I couldn't leave him, not there," Harry cried.

Pansy stood up, staring at Draco in shock, she wrapped her arms around Francesca. After some commotion Francesca heard her fathers screams.

"Let me through! That's my son! My boy!" Amos wailed, breaking down and hugging Cedric's body. The crowd was distraught and Francesca noticed many eyes on her.

She took off, running out of the aisle, down the stairs, past her sobbing father and older brothers body. Francesca ran and ran, she didn't know where she was going but she had to get away from there.

Francesca found herself wandering the halls of the castle, slowly making her way back to the Common Room and to her dorm. She closed the curtains around her bed in hopes none of the girls would disturb her, she just wanted to be alone.