3 7

YEAR FIVE, CHAPTER THIRTY SEVEN

NEW FEELINGS
__________________________________

The Christmas break felt like forever and Francesca was glad to be away from the suffocating walls of her family home. She loved her parents, but that house was a constant reminder of Cedric and what she had lost when he died.

Francesca's owl, Ced, sat on her shoulder as she boarded the train. Finding her friends almost immediately and joining them.

"Fran! You missed it, Draco just kicked Theodore out of this compartment," Pansy grinned, hugging her friend. "You should of seen the look on his face."

"That's what he gets for being such a jerk," Millicent shrugged.

Francesca said hello to all of her friends and then took a seat next to Draco. She grabbed Ced from her shoulder and sat him on her lap, stroking him gently.

"Aren't you scared that he'll poop on you?" Daphne asked, looking at the creature in curiosity.

"Not really. He knows better than to poop on the hand that feeds him," Francesca chuckled.

The train ride back to Hogwarts included everyone talking about what they received for Christmas and the places they had been. Francesca didn't dive into her Christmas, instead she chose to laugh and listen at her friends stories. She didn't want to dampen the mood.

Once they finally arrived at Hogwarts Francesca gently placed Ced back into his cage, leaving him to be taken to the Owlery and followed her friends towards the Great Hall.

Francesca saw Harry and his friends and smiled, she had forgotten all about Dumbledore's Army and couldn't wait to get back into it.

After a long dinner Francesca and her friends headed back to the Common Room. Most of them went off to bed but Draco and Francesca decided to stay up, seated by the fire.

Francesca was resting her head in Draco's lap as he played with her hair, massaging her scalp. Francesca smiled, this was all she needed. Draco made her feel better about everything she had gone through emotionally during the Christmas break.

"I missed you a lot," Francesca said, opening her eyes to look at him.

"I missed you too," Draco said.

"It's getting late, I should head to bed," Francesca said as she stood up, glancing at the clock. It was almost 11pm, definitely past her bedtime, especially considering she had class tomorrow.

"Not just yet," Draco said, grabbing her hand and gently pulling her towards him. "Can't we just stay up for a little longer?" He asked.

"Fine, a few more minutes," she smiled, sitting back down next to him.

Francesca leant over, kissing him softly. She was about to pull away but Draco had other plans, slipping his tongue into her mouth. A simple kiss soon turned into full on snogging.

Francesca pulled herself onto Draco's lap, wrapping her hands around his neck. They had made out before, but it had never been this intense.

A few more minutes of that and Francesca began to unbutton Draco's shirt. He stopped her, holding her wrists and pulling away from the kissing.

Francesca looked at him, confusion written all over her place. "We don't have any kind of protection, Fran and I don't want to rush this," Draco said.

"You're right," Francesca sighed, standing up. "Goodnight Draco," she smiled, kissing him one last time before heading up to her dorm.

New feelings had erupted inside of her, she was excited and nervous all at once. Francesca wanted to go that step further with Draco, but she didn't want to push it like Theodore did with her, so she decided to wait until he was ready.