1 5

YEAR FOUR, CHAPTER FIFTEEN

QUIDDITCH WORLD CUP
__________________________________

Fourth year was starting soon and Francesca wasn't as happy about going back to Hogwarts this year. She had so much fun over the Summer that the thought of starting classes again made her feel sick.

Francesca spent an entire month with Pansy and her family, who were surprisingly nicer than Francesca thought. She then spent two weeks with Theodore, his family were not as nice as Pansy's.

But with her mother getting better as the weeks past by Francesca didn't have time to feel sad over Theodore's horrible family.

As of right now Francesca was walking with Cedric and her father to head off to the Quidditch World Cup.

The Weasley's stood in front of The Diggory's and Francesca sighed, she could feel the judgemental looks from Harry, Ron and Hermione already.

"Sorry Amos. Some of us had a bit of a sleepy start." Arthur Weasley said, "This is Amos Diggory everyone, he works with me at the ministry. And this must be Cedric and Francesca, am I right?" Arthur said.

"Yes sir," Cedric said

"Merlin's beard, you must be Harry Potter," Amos said in shock.

"Yes sir," Harry said.

"Great great pleasure," Amos said as they shook hands. Francesca rolled her eyes, turning away from them and walking up the hill.

Everyone stood in a circle, putting their hands on the boot, which was a portkey that would teleport them to the Quidditch World Cup.

A white flash appeared and suddenly everyone was flying through the air. Cheers could be heard from fans below them. Francesca let go of the boot and landed flat on her feet, trying not to lose her balance.

She chuckled as Harry, Hermione and Ron landed flat on the ground with a loud thump. The cheering of the crowd was much louder now and the ground began to walk through endless amounts of tents.

The Diggory's found their tent and Francesca was the first to walk in, heading towards her bedroom where she shoved a beanie over her head and brushed through her knotted hair.

"I'm off," Francesca said, walking towards the exit of her tent.

"Where are you going?" Amos asked his daughter as she applied a mass amount of chapstick. "You better not be going to find that horrible boyfriend of yours," Amos said.

"His name is Theodore and no i'm not, i'm going to find Pansy, my horrible best friend," Francesca said, rolling her eyes.

"I actually like Pansy," Amos said. "Just be sure to meet me at our seats when the game starts," Amos said. Francesca nodded and left the tent, searching for her best friend who said she would be waiting for her by her families tent.

Francesca searched high and low and started to think that leaving her tent was a mistake, she would never be able to find Pansy in this crowd.

"Hey!" A familiar voice rang through Francesca's ears and she smiled.

"Pansy!" Francesca said, hugging her.

"How was staying with Theodore?" Pansy asked.

"It was fine, his family don't like me very much," Francesca chuckled with a shrug. "His mother mainly, she hates me because i'm supposedly taking away her little boy. But never mind that, how was your Summer? After I left of course," Francesca said with a smile.

"It was fine, come inside it's freezing out here. The girls are in my room," Pansy said. Francesca walked inside the tent, saying hi to Pansy's parents and followed Pansy into her bed room where Tracey, Daphne and Millicent were waiting.

"Fran!" They all exclaimed. The girls sat down on Pansy's bed, chatting about the Quidditch World Cup and guessing who would win.

A few hours later Francesca met up with her father and brother at their designated seats, excited to watch the game.

The match was exciting to watch but Francesca was exhausted and couldn't wait to go to sleep. But that was cut short also, loud bangs could be heard outside and Amos came running into the kitchen where his children were.

"We need to leave now!" Amos shouted. Cedric and Francesca stood up, both confused. "Someone is setting off explosions, we must go, hurry!" Amos yelled.

The Diggory's began to run out of their tent and through what had now became a battlefield. Francesca held on tight to Cedric's hand, but she wasn't as fast as he was.

Cedric hoisted his little sister up, throwing her over his shoulder and running as fast as he could next to his father.

The family made it back to the portkey safely and hurried back home as quickly as they could. Francesca was in shock to find out that it was Death Eaters who had caused this and she wondered if any of her friends knew it was going to happen.