3 2

YEAR FIVE, CHAPTER THIRTY TWO

THE GUILT OF BEING HAPPY
_________________________________

Two weeks after the breakup and Francesca was officially done with Theodore. She didn't think about him at all, she had better things to think about. Like Draco.

But Francesca also felt guilty, she hadn't thought about Cedric in a few days and she felt horrible for it. Francesca wished she didn't feel as guilty as she did for being happy and slowly healing from her brothers death, but she did.

Francesca was seated with Draco in the Common Room, the both of them alone, talking about different things. Draco talked to Francesca about his parents and how his father could sometimes be very horrible to him. Francesca felt bad for him.

"You don't have to be like your father, you know?" Francesca said, leaning her head against his shoulder.

"I know, but I want to make him proud," Draco said.

"I'm proud of you, and if he was a decent person he would be too," Francesca said, glancing up at him. Draco stared down at her, admiring her. She truly was beautiful, she always had been in his eyes.

"You mean a lot to me Diggory," Draco said. Francesca lifted her head up, her eyebrows slightly furrowed.

"You mean a lot to me too, you've helped me through so much," Francesca said, shifting on the lounge to face him, crossing her legs. "I don't want to push my luck but I have something I need to get off my chest... I don't want to scare you away though," Francesca said.

"What is it?" He asked.

"I fancy you, Draco... I fancy you a lot," she admitted, looking down at her fingers as blood rushed to her cheeks.

Draco smirked at her. "Fancy me?" He asked. Francesca nodded, slowly making eye contact with him. Draco's eyes darted from hers to her lips and without warning he slowly kissed her.

Francesca was taken by surprise, her eyes fluttering shut as she kissed him back. Butterflies exploded in her stomach. Draco Malfoy was kissing her. She was kissing him.

He pulled away staring into her eyes. "I've wanted to do that since the night of the Yule Ball," he said, pushing a few strands of hair behind her ear.

"Me too," she whispered.

"In case that wasn't obvious enough, I fancy you too, Francesca," Draco said, a smirk on his face.

Francesca smiled, the sound of her name from his lips was like heaven.

Later that night Francesca ran up to her dorm, a huge grin on her face. She pressed her back against the door, running her fingers through her messy hair.

"Someone looks happy," Millicent said. All the girls were staring at her.

"I kissed Malfoy!" Francesca exclaimed. "Draco Malfoy kissed me!"

"Kissed?!" Daphne yelled, standing up from her bed, eyebrows furrowed. "Since when was this even a thing?" The blonde girl asked.

Francesca sighed, skipping over to her bed and collapsing onto it. She felt like she was in a fever dream, there was no way any of this was real.