Chapter 18

Harvey ran up to me, He said" Oh! You actually showed! I was betting 50/50!" He hugged me, then started dragging me towards the locker room

He said" Oh! You actually showed! I was betting 50/50!" He hugged me, then started dragging me towards the locker room.
I said" Whoa, man!"
" Calm down! Calm down! It's fine, Coach won't bitch."

He started changing, I rolled my eyes,
I said" I'm going to visit my girlfriend tomorrow, so see you at school on Monday, okay?"
He said" As long as you come to the after party."
" No way, Harvey. Sorry, that's uh... I can't do it yet."
" Hey, hey, it's all right, just... uh, if you decide to, we can stick together, you don't even have to drink or eat anything."
" Uh, maybe."
" Okay! Okay, uh, so, there's stands behind the football team if you wanna stay close, I know you don't like people. Uh, food stand is up there. I'll try and talk to you as much as possible, though."
" Thanks." I sighed,
" I can tell you're tense."
" Yeah, sorry."
" It's fine, dude! See you after the game, all right?"
" Yeah."

The game started about 30 minutes ago, I've already eaten through my gummi bears and twizzlers... I'm still hungry, dammit. I walked to the food stand, then I saw the teens that treated others like shit, they pushed some little kids out of the way. One tried to push me out of the way, I blocked him,
He said" Move, shrimp."
I said" Shrimp? That's all you've got? Try harder and get to the back of the line."
" Nope, I'm hungry."
" I am too, and so is everyone! Just wait your turn."
" No." He got up in my face, then I saw one of them about to push a kid, I walked to them and grabbed their wrist.
" Don't touch them." I set a hard glare on them," Don't fucking touch them again." I pushed them away,
He said" And why not?"
" Because it's wrong. Just leave them alone, take my fucking spot. I don't care." They laughed and pushed me down, I hit the ground, then saw the scared kid's expression." Hey, kid, what's your name?"
They said" Sarah."
" I'm Jude. What were you gonna get?"
" A snow cone."
" Cool! What flavor?"
" Rainbow!"
" Rainbow? That's awesome. Do they push you guys around a lot?"
" Yeah, they do. They think they can 'cause they're bigger than us."
" That's totally not cool. What if someone stopped them?"
" That'd be awesome! Sometimes they steal our money too!"
" Yeah, they take your money this time?"
" Yeah..." She looked down, I smiled then pulled out my wallet, I looked at the menu and handed her the money.
" Here. I know a football player, he'll get me some food after the game." She smiled, and hugged me, I tensed up slightly but hugged her back. She smiled at me and I walked away, I sighed, then cracked my knuckles... I wanna make those boys pay... I really do.

I was washing my hands, then I was pinned to the wall, I saw the guy from earlier.
I said" Son of a bitch. Leave me alone."
He said" Nope." He punched me in the gut, I choked on air, then coughed, I looked at him.
" Go for it, pal! Do it!" I screamed" Do it!" He punched me again, I laughed, then his friends ganged up on me. I laughed as the pain hit me like rocks, I was thrown onto the ground, and kicked at me.

After a while, I heard cheering, they left, I got up, flinching at the sting. I walked out and saw we won the game. Then I saw Harvey looking for me, I walked to him, I smiled and wrapped my arm around his stomach.
I said" Hello, best friend."
He said" I thought you left! Whoa, your face."
" It's fine. I'll be fine."
" Yeah, sure! Dude, who did this?"
" Uh, some punks! It's fine, man, really."
" Agh, I hate that. Okay, whatever, fine!" Then a woman and the girl, Sarah, walked up.
The woman said" Sweetie, are you going to the afterparty? Oh, who's this?" She looked at me, worried,
" Nah, mom, we're gonna get pizza and shit and play video games."
Sarah said" That's Jude!"
" Dude, how do you know my baby sister?"
His mom said" Jude?"
I said" Uh, some guys were pushing her around and stole her money."
Harvey said" Who? I'll kill them."
" Kids from the school. Don't worry, I'll deal with it."
" Same-" He gave me that look,
" Don't worry, I'll deal with it."
" All right!"
His mom said" Hi, I'm Julie, guess we missed each other."
" Oh, yeah, he's my best friend, get used to him."
I said" Hi, I'm Jude A-Winchester." She hugged me, I tensed up,
" Mom!" She let go of me," Okay, awkward enough! See you guys at home! Sarah, if you ever eat a snow cone without me again, I'll cry a river." She giggled, sticking out her tongue, he laughed," I've gotta go change, I'll be right back!" I followed him away from them,
" We're not going to the party?"
" Nah, it's overrated anyways."

We were at Harvey's, I was currently beating him in a racing game.
I said" You're terrible at this game."
He said" Shut up!" He took another gulp of soda," Why are you so good?!"
" Because I pay attention."
" Very true! Yeah." I yawned, and closed my eyes for a second," You getting tired?"
" No, shut up." I opened my eyes and continued beating his ass.

After the rounds were over, we were both yawning like crazy,
I said" Shit. I gotta get home, man." I rubbed my eyes, trying to wake myself up again.
Harvey mumbled" See you Monday." He was half on me, we both were leaned against his bed.
" Go to bed, man. Call you in the morning to see if you lived past the junk."
" Morning?"
" Afternoon." He laughed, then nodded his head," Bye, Harv."
" Bye, Jude." I walked to his window and opened it, climbing down, I climbed down the roof and jumped off as I got to the end. I rolled as I hit the ground and got up, I yawned again, and walked to my bike.

I was driving to the bunker, I yawned, my eyes drifted shut, I felt my bike swerve, I jolted up and got straight again.
I mumbled" Shit..." I sighed then shook my head," Agh! Wake up! Wake up!" I looked at the time, it was past 3am, damn, dad's gonna be mad... he'll- No! No! No! No, he won't! He won't hurt me! I drove faster, trying to get to the bunker as fast as possible.

I slammed into a tree, I groaned then got off my bike, I rubbed my head and arm, luckily my arm took most of the impact, I yawned again. I pulled my bike back up onto the road and got back on, I started driving again.

I walked into the map room,
Dad said" You okay?"
I said" Yeah..." I yawned," Just exhausted."
" What happened to your face?"
" Oh, I got beat up at the football game because I defended kids... yeah, fun times. Harvey owes me big time."
" You all right?"
" Yeah, dad, I'm fine. We went back to Harvey's and played video games and ate terrible food." He chuckled," It was actually fun."
" Good. All right, head to bed, you going to Brooklyn's this weekend?"
" Yep, I'll be back sometime Sunday."
" All right. Be safe."
" Dad!"
" I'm serious."
" We're not having sex!"
" Oh, wow."
" Shut up."
" Okay, okay, I'm done. Just, uh, wrap it before you tap it."
" And I'm done with this conversation."
" Sorry."
" I'm done!" I walked away, heading for my room, I heard him chuckle, I smiled a little before walking faster.