Chapter 13

Brooklyn and I were cuddling, she was wrapped up in my arms, her head on my chest, fingers drawing shapes on my stomach.
She said" I wish we could stay like this forever."
I said" Maybe one day." She sat up slightly, looking at me,
" Definitely one day." She kissed me, I kissed back, she held my face and I deepened the kiss. I pulled away, leaning my forehead against hers,
" You serious?"
" Definitely." I kissed her deeply, holding her face in my hand, my other hand went to hold her waist. I pulled away slowly, she smiled against my lips, I smiled back, then wrapped my arms around her, pulling her onto me. She laughed," Don't let me fall."
" Oh... I'd never." I pretended to nearly drop her onto the floor next to me, she squeaked and her arms wrapped tighter around my neck.
" Jude!"
" I'm sorry, I'm sorry." I kissed her cheek, nuzzling my nose against her jawline, she giggled.

It was late, we were watching some horror movie, eating a crazy amount of junk. She was cuddled up against me, tracing shapes onto my chest. I felt her fingers stop, I looked down slowly, she was fast asleep, I smiled, and kissed her head. My phone rang, I answered it immediately, seeing Dad's number.
He said" Having fun, kiddo?"
I said" Not the fun you're thinking of, disgusting, dad." He chuckled,
" Are you having fun, Jude?"
" Yeah, I am."
" Have you two even left the room?"
" Hell no." He chuckled,
" Mm, got it. I'll check on you in the morning, and get some sleep."
" No, thanks. Night."
" Night." He hung up, I put my phone down and stared at the ceiling, then I heard Brooklyn sigh. I looked at her, she snuggled closer to me, a small smile on her lips.
———
I woke up to Brooklyn kissing my neck, I hummed, and held her waist, she giggled and I opened my eyes. She looked at me,
I said" Really, baby?" She blushed then kissed me, I kissed back, surprised, then she pulled away." Mm, guess I'm calling you baby more often."
She said" Shut up." I laughed, and kissed her cheek,
" Hi, baby." She slapped my chest, I smirked and got on top of her, I smiled cheekily at her. She giggled and ran her hand through my hair, her fingers gripped at strands and tugged. I moaned, then pulled away from her, rolling off the bed and walking away from her. I gulped, then walked into the bathroom,
I leaned down to wash my face. I heard Brooklyn get up and walk to me, her arms snaked around my waist, hugging me from behind.
She whispered" What's those?" She traced the bruises on my side from a fight,
I said" Just some bruises, from a fight."
" Why are you angry, like, all the time?"
" Uh, no reason, just am." I stood up, looking at her from the mirror,
" Jude."
" Uh..." I turned to face her," You know how... uh, my stepdad, he-he... um, he abused me... before he died..." I looked away from her, she grabbed my chin and made me look at her.
" Why didn't you tell anyone?"
" I-I was... um, I was scared, terrified... I-I'm sorry, I-I..." I pulled away from her, taking steps away,
" It's okay, Jude." She held my face in her hands, I calmed down," What else?"
" Half of those bruises or cuts you saw, were probably from him... he was harsh, uh, yeah, um... I can't talk about this! I let him do this to me, I let him hurt me mentally and physically!"
" Shh, Jude, hey." She made me look at her, I breathed heavily," Hey." The world spun, I spun us around so she was against the sink then I walked away from her. I grabbed a shirt and pulled it on, I went to walk out the door. She grabbed my arms and pulled me back, I looked at her, gulping." Hey, it's okay, everything's okay, it's gonna be okay." I slid down the door, pulling my knees up to my chest and covering my head. She sighed then pulled my arms away from me and pushed my knees down, She straddled my lap and wrapped her arms around my neck, cuddling into me. I dug my face into her neck, sighing," Everything's gonna be okay, Jude."
" You don't get it... I-I like the pain, now, I can't stand to go more than a few freakin' days without something causing me pain."
" What?"
" I-I like getting hurt, Brooklyn. After the pain goes away, all I feel is good. Pain makes me feel... good." She stared at me, I looked down," I'm sorry, you're dating a fuck up, I shouldn't have pulled you down with me, I'm so sorry." She kissed me, I kissed back, eagerly, deepening the kiss, holding her closer to me.

After a few minutes, we pulled away from each other, panting slightly, staring at each other.
I mumbled" Holy fuck." She leaned down and kissed at my neck, I leaned my head back. She nipped at my skin, then tugged my hair, my eyes rolled back as the little ting of pain hit me. I knew what she was doing, I need to... to stop her. A moan rolled off my lips before I could stop it, as the ecstasy hit me." I-I know... I know what you're doing, Broo... ahh, okay, okay, I know..." My body went lax as she kept tugging at my hair.

My eyes were closed, I was nearly asleep, that's when she finally stopped. She giggled as she saw my probably ridiculous expression.
She said" Let's watch a movie."
I mumbled" You wanna watch a movie... now?"
" Mm-hm. I wanna watch... Bolt."
" Bolt?" She giggled as I looked at her with lidded eyes,
" Yeah, the Disney movie. Wanna watch it with me?"
" Mm... if I could wake up.. you, you- that was wrong, Brooklyn."
" You need to relax, I got you to relax, deal with it."
" Let's take a nap." She giggled, I smiled lazily at her,
" Fine, fine, a nap then Bolt."
" I'm okay with that." I got up, and lifted her up, she led me back to the bed, she pushed my chest since I was in front of her and the bed. I fell back, hitting the soft surface, I bounced a little, she crawled next to me. She tugged at my shirt,
" I like feeling you." I smiled and pulled off my shirt, laying back down, tossing it somewhere on the floor. She laid her head on my chest, I closed my eyes, wrapping my arm around her. I dozed off as she settled with her head against my chest, her arm over my stomach, and her body against my side.