Chapter 16

We got to a diner, I quickly followed dad and Sam in, as I saw some of the guys who like making my life worse.

We were eating, well... they were, I was staring at my food like it was the most disgusting thing on earth.
Dad said" You've gotta eat, Jude." He scooted the plate closer to me, which caused me to leaned further away from it. He sighed," Is this just about you getting-"
I said" Don't wanna talk about it."
" Fine, to avoid talking, you've gotta eat, so eat up or we talk about it." I groaned but grabbed a fry and ate it, sarcastically smiling at him.
" Happy?"
" Not in the slightest. Keep eating." I grabbed the burger and took a bite, I tried to swallow but my body wouldn't allow me to. I groaned then forced myself to swallow, I pushed away the plate, as my stomach made an unpleased noise.
" Can't do it." I mumbled," Can't do anything." I put my head in my arms, shielding myself from them.
" All right, you don't have to eat, and you don't have to talk about it."

Once we were back at the bunker, I ran to my room, I kicked the door shut then paced my room. I breathed heavily then punched the wall, I sighed then crashed to my knees, relaxing. The door opened,
I heard my dad say" I'm gonna buy you a punching bag, so you don't permanently damage your hands."
I mumbled" Thanks." He chuckled then my shoulder was grabbed, I was pulled up and led to the bed. He let go, I fell onto my bed, then turned to look at him.
" You doing okay?"
" I'm fine."
" Yeah, sure, fine my ass."
" Ha ha."
————
I was kicked in the gut, I fell back, laughing, I flipped up and punched the guy in the chest. We started fist fighting, throwing blows wherever they'd land, I yelped as he jabbed my side. I jabbed his throat in retaliation, he choked and fell to the ground. I breathed heavily,
I said" Stay down!" I turned around and walked away, sighing as relief spread through me. I walked to my dirt bike, getting on it, and cranked it. Then Harvey was in front of me,
He said" You could always join the wrestling team."
" No, thanks. Not into sports, dude."
" Is your dad okay with you getting beat to a fucking bloody pulp?"
" Probably not, but uh, he can't stop me."
" Follow me." He walked away and got into his jeep, he looked back at me then drove off, I followed.

We pulled up to his house,
I said" What're we doing here?"
He said" You are hanging out with me, whether you want to or not." He walked over to me and grabbed my keys," You'll get these back once I'm satisfied with our hang out."
" Harvey, give me back my keys."
" Nope." Popping the P, I sighed then got off my bike,
" Fine, you win."
" Thank you, very much. Come on." We walked to his house.

We were in his room, playing some video game he had, my phone rang, I answered as I saw my dad's face pop up.
I said" Yeah?"
He said" You okay? Where are you?"
" At Harvey's, he took my keys till he's satisfied with our hangout." I sent a glare to Harvey, who returned that favor with a certain finger.
" Ah, so you're in your own personal hell."
" Yep."
Harvey said" You're fine! Shut up." I laughed," Anyways, I'll feed you."
" I don't eat if I don't have to, Harvey."
Dad said" See you later." He hung up, I sighed and looked at Harvey,
He said" All right. What's your story?"
I said" Huh?"
" First of, your dad's way too chill. Second, how aren't you like grounded for the amount of fights I've seen you get in? Third, you are way too chill especially after a damn fight where you got bloodied."
" Uh... I-I... um..." I gulped," He's just chill."
" Okay."

I got back to the bunker, I crashed onto a chair in the library, closing my eyes as I leaned back.
Dad said" You okay?"
I mumbled" Mentally drained."
" Wanna talk about?"
" Nope."
" Come on, man, look, I want to help you, but I can't help you if you don't let me in, Jude."
I said" I miss my old home, I miss my mom, so fucking much! I can't get-get along at this school... and to top all of that shit off, I got drugged at a stupid high school party!"
" And?"
" And-And..." I screamed" And I'm so fucking done with my life that I'm chill with the punches, but someone needs to fucking punch my lights out!" I breathed heavily, then sobbed, I went to punch the table, but he stopped my fists.
" I can get you help, a therapist, someone professional-"
" No! No therapists! I won't say a damn word."
" Okay, okay, I get it, no clipboards and journals. Well, I can't let you just..."
" Yeah, you can. Just forget about it. I'm good, dad. I-I just... need to chill out." I smiled," I'm fine."