Chapter 15- Let it pour

Skylynn's POV:

I failed.

I've lost count of how many times I've tried, but I've failed again.

Why won't it ever work?

Earlier tonight, I was playing with Cassie and Tess before bed.

They went to bed.

I went to my room.

Teresa said goodnight.

Gary came in.

He pinned me down, telling me he had a knife and that if I screamed or made any noise, he'd slit my throat.

I believed him after I saw the glint of it in his pocket.

I should've let him do it.

He proceeded to take my clothes off and molest me.

He made me blow him.

I choked.

He sliced the side of my neck.

Luckily (or unluckily, more like) he missed any major arteries, I just bled a little bit.

"Tell anyone and I'll make your life a living hell."

Then, he left.

I was thankful he didn't rape me.

But not thankful to be alive.

~~

The next morning I woke up, my suicide attempt the night before fresh in my mind. No matter how deep I cut, it's never deep enough.

Next time, I'll try pills.

I change, brush my teeth, do my hair into a side braid to cover the cut and then pull on a cardigan before grabbing my backpack and heading to the bus stop.

I read using the faint light from streetlamps (I know, it kills my eyes I'm sure, but I already have fucked up vision with glasses to fix it) (P.S., my glasses are my babies. Don't mess with them.) (P.P.S, they're also really annoying sometimes and I often wish I had contacts).

My cuts itch all day. I guess I cut really deep. There was a lot of blood.

I barely slept last night for a lot of reasons. I still keep seeing my mom's dead body whenever I close my eyes, and also, the near-rape didn't help put me at ease either.

I fell asleep in the library during lunch hour (I had nothing better to do, I never bring lunch) and no one woke me up until a good 20-30 minutes into last period.

Thanks, society.

And the worst part was the fact that it was a student from the class that was going on in the library at the moment that told me to move because they needed the table.

Again: thanks, society.

I decided not to skip last period because A: I kinda need a ride home unless I wanna hang out in some weird place and wait for the end of the period to catch the bus, and B: I don't want to have to think about going home in the first place.

So I simply strolled into 4th period a third of the way through the block like nothing was wrong, and the only people who bothered to question me included Anika and the pimp-posse.

I need a better name for them than pimp-posse.

The sloe of sluts.

Nah.

Anyways, I'm pretty sure Mr. Tomlinson didn't even notice I was late. He was at his desk looking for something as I sat down, and then he began to explain a project we are about to begin.