Chapter 17- Secrets

Skye's POV:

All of a sudden the stall door opened, and I quickly whirred around to see none other than Sabrina.

"I'm so sorry... wait... Skylynn?" She scoffs, before taking one look at my wrist and surroundings.

"Wait, you CUT? This is too good!" She snorts. "I'm soooo telling Anika!" She pulls out her phone and starts to text.

"Get out!" I say, tears still streaming down my face.

It takes all the guts I have, but I managed to push her out and barricade the door. I hadn't noticed I didn't lock the stall door before.

I waited to hear her leave before emerging again and running my wrist under hot water to feel the stinging sensation. I wrapped some paper towels around my wrist before pulling my sleeve back down and deciding to leave it like that until lunch.

~~

At lunch, Anika came and plopped herself next to me, soon followed by the rest of the pimp-posse.

"We know your secret, Skylynn." She said, smiling.

"Fuck off." I spat.

"Ooooh, those are fighting words." She giggles.

"So how does it feel to be emo?" Brian asks.

"How does it feel to be the biggest man-whore around?" I fire back.

"Great." He tauntingly whispers.

Someone kicks my shin from under the table, so I stand up.

"You know what? I don't have to take this!" I say, turning to leave.

"OOOH, YOU GONNA GO CUT?" Brian says loudly.

People turn and stare, including Mr. Tomlinson, who has lunch duty this week. I meet his gaze, and he raises his eyebrows. The cafeteria has gone nearly silent.

"Speak for yourself." I snarl, pivoting on my heel before storming out.

Today has been some day.

~~

I dread Music. I dread seeing Mr. Tomlinson, and the pimp-posse. Absolutely dread it. I debate hiding out in the bathroom, but then realize that it would only make me look worse.

I end up deciding to just deny, deny, deny if anyone asks.

Today and tomorrow we'll be working with our partners for the first time, starting to brainstorm ideas. I hope Ashton doesn't think anything of this whole cutting incident.

I make sure to get to Music just as the bell rings so that there's no room for conversation with anyone. Works like a charm.

When we split off into groups, Ashton comes and pulls up a chair to my desk.

"Hey Skylynn." He says, smiling at me.

"Hi." I say shyly.

"I feel like we need a more proper introduction than that." He says. "I'm Ashton and I love drumming, singing, and making graffiti. I also like Ikea, banana milkshakes, and ice-skating." He finishes, smiling at me. I love how open he is.

"I'm Skylynn and I love singing, writing, and drawing. I also like being outside, tea, and I secretly prefer people to call me Skye." I smile big.

"You sound like a pretty cool girl, Skye."

"As do you." I smile again, blushing a little.