Chapter 20- Stay with me

Skye's POV:

"Ky, take the trash out!"

It had been a week since Ashton gave me the journals, and with Gary's increasing moodiness, I needed them now more than ever.

I slowly entered the kitchen where Gary is and nodded before going over and opening the can. Next thing I knew, I was snorting all of last night's leftovers as he pushed my head into the bag.

"There! Now you're where you belong, YOU PIECE OF TRASH!" Gary cackled.

He held me there, suffocating, until I finally struggled free. I tied the bag before hurrying out of the house. Since today was trash collection, the can was out on the curb, so I had to walk all the way there.

On my way back, Gary was standing by the door. As I approached, he walked towards me before pouncing on me. At first, I turned around to try to run away, but he still got me and tackled me from behind, scraping my knee pretty badly as well as my hands. I crouched there for a second, hoping he would leave, but instead, he kicked me in the stomach several times causing me to fall on my face on the pavement.

You can tell he's especially drunk because he never does this outside where people can see.

He started to laugh, so I took the opportunity to flee. I scrambled to my feet and sprinted along the path that leads under the road.

I didn't stop running until I got to the actual part that goes under the road, and then I stopped. The blows to my stomach had winded me, and running on top of that was almost unbearable. I sat down in the mud bank of the creek, not caring about my clothes, and broke down.

I can't do this any more.

I can't live like this.

The creek looked very inviting. It wasn't deep, but it doesn't take much more than a puddle of your own piss to drown.

Harry's POV:

It was a nice day out side and I had just downed a Big Mac, so I decided that it would be nice to go for a run. I changed into my black running top and shorts before going out on the path.

I ran for a couple minutes until I hit the part that goes under the road. That's always my favorite part, especially on the way back. I love dunking my head into the creek. It's so refreshing.

Naturally, I glanced over when I passed it to remind myself of my reward later on. What I saw surprised me.

None other than Skye was wading in to it and crouching down. Her left leg was covered in blood, and so were her hands. She was breathing heavily and wheezing, sounding like an animal about to keel over and die.

"Skye?"

Skye's POV:

"Skye?" The voice said again, a bit louder. It was deep, much deeper than Mr. Tomlinson's, which was reassuring because now is not the time to have to talk to him.

My heart was pounding in my chest, my last thoughts bouncing around in my head. I turned around just to see who the person was, because killing myself without waving them off would be futile. They'd no doubt try to save me and put me in a psych ward.

(PLAY SONG-STAY WITH ME)

"H-harry?" I squeaked out, my throat sore from sobbing.

"Jesus Skye, what the hell happened to you?"

He must have been referring to my splotchy, tear-drenched face and bloody, muddy body. I looked at him, deciding on an answer. Do I tell him the truth? No, of course not. That would be dumb. I don't need his help. I don't need his pity. So what's my lie? I can just say a neighbor beat me up or something; I dunno.