Chapter 25- The aftermath

Skye's POV:

I remember screaming.

I remember screaming like there was no tomorrow, thinking it would make them leave me alone.

After a good bout of screaming, I realized that Mr. Tomlinson's hand remained outstretched to help me up.

My plan wasn't working.

Next, I remember sobbing.

I remember sobbing like there was no tomorrow, thinking that maybe that would scare them away.

But no.

Eventually, Mr. Tomlinson gave up on helping me up and decided just to pick me up by reaching down to lift me from under my arms. I didn't resist him, I was too weak from sobbing. And screaming.

He balanced me on his hip and I clung on to him with all of my appendages harder than I'd ever clung to anyone before. I buried my head into his shoulder and pretended that I was alone, and that two officers, my crush, and my music teacher weren't watching my breakdown.

I caught clips of the conversation between the officers and Mr. Tomlinson:

A deep voice: "We need her for questioning..."

A familiar voice, almost in my ear: "She's in no state to do this now..."

The argument went on until finally,

The deep voice: "Fine..."

Before I could think much more about what "fine" implied, I was being brought to a cop car and strapped into the back seat. I panicked until Ashton sat next to me, Mr. Tomlinson riding shotgun and the cop getting in the drivers seat. Ashton placed his hand carefully on top of mine and rubbed it soothingly. By then, I had switched from loud sobs to silent tears and staring straight ahead.

Ten minutes later, Ashton removed his hand from mine and unbuckled my seatbelt. He helped me out of the car and into another, more familiar one. Thank god the police were done with.

After another ten minute ride with Ashton by my side, I was beginning to calm my breathing again. Ashton unbuckled his seatbelt and opened his door.

"I'll see you soon, okay Skye? Stay strong." He patted my shoulder before exiting the vehicle.

We drove ten minutes more and Mr. Tomlinson unbuckled me and tried to pick me up out of the car. I shrugged his arms away, indicating that I could walk myself, and followed him up to his flat.

"HAZ?" He cried as soon as we entered. "WE'VE GOT COMPANY."

"BE OUT IN A MINUTE." Harry replied.

"Alright Skylynn, I'm gonna go talk to Harry for a minute. I'll be right back... do you want something to drink or something?"

I nodded. He led me to the kitchen and showed me to the fridge and handing me a glass before leaving me be.

Louis' POV:

I left Skylynn in the kitchen to go tell Harry the situation. When I entered his room, he was (no surprise) only in boxers and sitting at his desk, typing away on his laptop. I took a seat on his bed and sighed.

"Why the big sigh?" He asked, not looking away from the screen.

"Skylynn's here."

"Oh, good!"

"No, not really."

Silence ensued, the only sound being the click-clack of Harry's typing.

"CHRIST, HARRY! CAN YOU STOP TYPING FOR ONE GODDAMNED SECOND?" I yelled.