Chapter 24- Save me

Skye's POV:

I'm dying. I must be. I've never felt so much pain in my life. My head is absolutely killing me. My body is more bruised and bloody and broken than ever.

I really got it last night. I took a risk and I failed. So far, no signs of rescue from Ashton.

I'm tired, but I can't sleep. Or move, for that matter. I'm stuck on the kitchen floor, the knife he used to threaten my life next to me as a reminder. He taped my arms and legs down to assist him last night, and he has yet to untape me. It's duct tape, too, which would be easy to rip or pull off if I had any ounce of energy. I haven't eaten in days. My body is practically blue now due to all of the bruises. My ribs ache. Everything aches.

I wish he'd kill me.

Ashton's POV:

After school, Mr. Tomlinson and I went to the front office to speak with the principal and counselor. We explained the situation and they listened patiently. We probably sounded a little far fetched, but with one look at her uncle, you would feel the same.

"After tomorrow, we will be able to take legal action, if that's what you want?" Principal Stein says.

Yes, goddammit. That is what we want. Have you been listening at all?

"That would be ideal." Mr. Tomlinson says through gritted teeth.

I can tell he's getting frustrated too. We've had to repeat the facts multiple times already.

"Okay then. If she doesn't show up to school tomorrow, meet me in my office once the day has ended and I will call the police down." The principal continues.

"Perfect. Thank you, sir." Mr. Tomlinson says, standing to shake his hand and that of the counselor.
I follow suit.

"Do you want me to take you over there now? Try again?" Mr. Tomlinson asks as we get into his car.

He had offered to take me home.

"No, I don't want to make things worse. We'll get her out tomorrow." I say.

I have a lingering feeling of guilt as I say that. What if we're too late? What if we should go check on her now?

No, I tell myself. She can hang in there one more day.

Now we just have to wait.

I don't receive any calls from Skye tonight, which at first worries me until I realize that she must be playing it safe.

Less than twenty four hours, I tell myself, she'll be okay.

~~

Louis' POV:

I await last period anxiously, trying to see if Skylynn will miraculously appear. When she doesn't, my heart sinks a little.

Guess we'll just have to do this the hard way.

After class, I lead Ashton to the office and Principal Stein pages the cop that stays on campus, Officer Fitz, and tells him the situation. He tells us he'll call in another officer to assist him, just in case, and I give him her address. Officer Fitz leads Ashton and I to his squad car and tells us he'll give us a lift to her house since we'd been so adamant about the whole ordeal.

The ride there is silent. I am allowed to ride shot gun while Ashton sits behind bars in the back. I look back at him and give him a nervous smile, to reassure him. He looks like he might puke. I guess he had a bad feeling about all of this as well.