Chapter 26- Close call

Warning: This chapter may be especially triggering (themes of suicide, etc.). Read at your own risk.

Recap:

"Hey, Skylynn, look at me." I say softly. She hesitantly obliges. "It's gonna be alright."

Skye's POV:

Mr. Tomlinson shows me to the bathroom again and teaches me how to use the shower before promising to bring me a shirt and shorts of his to change into. I want to thank him but I can't find the voice to.

Honestly, I'm not really sure I want to be alive right now. There's definitely nothing I'm looking forward to... in fact, I'm dreading every living moment. I've just ruined the two relationships I care about the most. I really wish Ashton and Louis hadn't been there to find me.

I fill the tub to the brim and sink down, even though it hurts like hell. I'm about to let my head slip under when I hear a voice at the door.

"Your clothes are sitting outside of the door." Mr. Tomlinson says.

I realize that I can't do this to him. At least, I can't make him deal with my dead body. I'll have to find another way. A cleaner way (ironic, right?).

Harry's POV:

"She's been in your room for a while now. Should we call her out for dinner or something?" I ask Louis.

"I don't mean to be like, an asshole right now, but you don't understand." His voice cracks on the last syllable and tears spring to his eyes. Every time he thinks about her now, this happens. I can only imagine what he witnessed. I mean, Louis has always been a pretty emotional person, but this is unheard of.

"I-I just don't know... I don't understand how someone..."

"Shhhh." I pull him into a hug. "It's gonna be okay."

He nods.

"And I know you don't think that, but I have to believe she must be at least a little malnourished right now. Let's start with fixing that."

He nods again before heading towards his room.

Louis' POV:

I knock on the door to my bedroom. Harry's right, we need to get some food into her. Who knows how much she's eaten in the past few weeks.

I wait for a response to no avail, so I knock again before simply entering. To my surprise, she was just laying there, staring at the wall.

"Hey, Skye." I say softly, trying not to startle her.

A lone tear rolls down her cheek.

"How about some food, yeah?"

Shockingly, she sits up and nods before standing.

"Is there anything in particular you want? We don't have much in the pantry, but we can order whatever you like." I say once we get to the kitchen.

She shakes her head before pausing.

"Actually, um, maybe... pizza?" She adds quietly.

"Pizza sounds perfect." I smile at her.

We work out the details and order one before the room settles back in to a heavy, awkward silence. Harry excuses himself to the bathroom shortly after, giving me an opportunity to talk to Skylynn one on one.

"Alright, I completely understand that you're not going to talk about what happened any time soon, but just know that I'm here and ready to listen whenever you're ready. And until then, all you need to do is tell me what you want and what we can do to make you as comfortable as possible while you're staying here. Can you do that?" I ask her.