Chapter 7- I'll look after you

RECAP:

I smile a little to myself, a true smile. I’m not going to die tonight.

I walk towards his car again, sighing a little as I open the door

It’s good to be alive.

Louis’ POV:

I watched Skylynn leave the car after my little speech. She gave me one last look and there was so much pain and fear in her eyes it was sickening. I give her a reassuring smile but she doesn’t return it.

Something must be really bothering her.

She stands at the door for a bit and tries the knob. The door doesn’t open. Instead, I hear very faint, muffled voices through my open window. I consider going out and physically walking her in, just in case.

Before I can take action, my phone vibrates and I check it.

It’s her.

She says she’s locked out and I quickly offer to take her to mine. I let out a breath I didn’t know I was holding. I guess I was worried about her.

She makes her way over to my car and gets in, shaking, looks at me, smiles, and lets out a small huff.

Why is she shaking?

Skye’s POV:

Wow.

Just wow.

I can’t believe I’m actually in Mr. Tomlinson’s car, going home to stay the night with him.

Crazy.

The ride to his place was pretty quiet. There wasn’t much to be said. It wasn’t exactly awkward… it was just there.

“Well. We’re here.” He coughed, opening the door on my side and leading me up the stairs to his flat.

He fumbled with his keys for a minute and finally managed to open the door.

“LOU-BEAR! YOU’RE HOME!” A fairly deep voice bellows.

My heart rate skyrockets. Who is this? What’s going on?

“HAZZA!” Mr. Tomlinson’s higher voice calls out.

I hear someone running through the halls and they tumble into Mr. Tomlinson, nearly knocking him over.

“Woooooah Lou! Who’s the girl?” ‘Hazza’ says, looking over at me smirking.

I instantly feel massively uncomfortable and I wanna crawl in a hole and die.

I’m also scared.

“Harry, this is Skylynn. Skylynn, Harry.” Mr. Tomlinson says.

“Hi, Skye! Can I call you that?” Harry is a very animated person.

I smile a bit and nod. I actually prefer Skye, but I’m not about to tell anyone that.

“ ’S a pretty name.” Harry continues.

I blush at the compliment and he smiles.

“Hold up. Wait. Is this THE Skylynn?” Harry suddenly says, looking at Mr. Tomlinson with a huge grin.

“What do you mean, THE Skylynn?” I quietly ask, turning my attention to Mr. T as well.

“Well…” he begins, but is interrupted by Harry saying, “You’re one hell of a keeper, and singer, eh? I saw you once, too! At that Mexican place!”

By now I was blushing furiously as I shook my head.

“Actually, I kinda ruined…” I began.

Mr. Tomlinson cut me off. “She was the best player on the team. Without her, we wouldn’t have won a single game.”