Chapter 3

I've been skating for a few hours clearing my head.

It was getting dark so I snuck into my house by going through the window again, thinking no one was in my room. Right then the lights turned on and I see Sky sitting down on her bed.

"Where have you been? You've been gone for hours." she whispered yelled.

"I was at the skatepark, no big deal." I tell my younger sister with an attitude. Suddenly there was a knock at the door.

My sister Sarah, comes in and is about to say something when she sees me.

"Where the fuck were you?" She frowns.

"Oh my god. I went to the skatepark is there a fucking problem with that?" I say already annoyed.

"Mom and dad are gonna kill you for sneaking out." she says crossing her arms.

"So what?! it's not like I'm on drugs I just snuck out for a few hours to get my thoughts straightened, God damn it. I'm 16 I think I'm old enough to make my own decisions." I said storming out of my room and and going to shawn's.

He's the only one who understands me and vise-versa. I knock on his door and he opens it after a few seconds.

"Hey syd, what's up?" He asks letting me in.

"Just frustrated I guess." I say sitting on his bed next to him and leaning my head on his shoulder.

"Why?" He asks concerned.

"Sarah and Sky are making a huge deal about me sneaking out to process everything that mom told us but it's not like it's the first time I've done it. " I explain

"If it makes you feel any better I know what you're going through. I know where you went by the way." He says with a smirk on his face.

"How do you know?" I ask curiously.

"Because I snuck out and saw you." He says like its completely obvious.

"Oh, are you gonna tell mom and dad like I'm sure they will?" I ask referring myself to sky and Sarah.

"When have I ever? I'll just say I went with you." he said kissing my forehead.

"You would do that for me? Even if it gets you in trouble." I said sitting up.

"Yeah, I'm already grounded for getting caught drunk and for smoking last week, so it wouldn't make a difference." He shrugs.

"Have I told you, you're the best brother I could ever ask for." I say hugging him tightly.

"I am the only one you have, you have no other choice but to love me." he says while hugging me back.

"Your such an ass." I say while hitting his arm playfully.

"I love you sis." he laughs. "love you too Shawn."