Chapter 18

I went to the bathroom, and fiddled with my hair quickly. Then I went back out. I made my way back to the seating area, and as I walked up, Madison looked at me. Then she quickly leaned in and kissed Brooklyn.

"Oh Brooklyn, you're so funny!" She said, after kissing him.

I was so angry. I just wanted to hit Madison. She made me so angry, and she always has. And now she kissed Brooklyn... And Brooklyn let her?

Brooklyn just stared at me. And Madison smiled at me. I smiled back, trying to act like it didn't bother me. Because Brooklyn and I weren't a couple anyways, so it shouldn't bug me? Even though it did.

"My mom called. She needs me, right now." I said, as I grabbed my coat and walked away.

Brooklyn got up on his feet. He then chased after me.

"Mackenzie!" He said, grabbing my wrist.

I turned around, I was holding back my tears. I couldn't cry in front of him.

"What?" I asked, my voice was shaky, but I just tried to play it cool.

"Please don't go." He said. Looking into my eyes.

You don't like him Mackenzie. He kissed Madison. They deserve each other if they will act like that.

"I have to. Sorry." I said, as I rushed away, out the door.

"Mackenzie, where are you going?" David asked.

A tear was rolling down my cheek. I just couldn't control it.

"Mackenzie, are you okay?" David asked, concerned.

"I... I'm fine. I just have to go home. Now!" I said, wiping the tear from my cheek.

"Let me drive you home." David said.

"No. Let me walk. Please." I said, looking at my feet.

"What did Brooklyn do?" David whispered, lifting up my head.

"It wasn't Brooklyn. It's me. It's always me. It is. Just please." I said, walking away.

I walked out into the pouring rain. I put up my coat, and pulled my hood up, so nobody could see my face.

The paparazzi were taking photos, but I jumped into my waiting car.

"Maggie?" I said, surprised as I jumped intro the car, and she was driving.

"Surprise bitch. I'm always here for you." She said, smiling. "Now let's go." She started the car, and we drove off.

"Maggie, you just turned 16... Why are you driving?" I asked, I was concerned.

"Because, I have my permit. Now don't ask questions." She said, as she turned on the radio. The song 'Black Widow' by Iggy Azalea came on.

Maggie started singing it, in her terrible voice. She was very pitchy. Which made me laugh, surprisingly since I was upset.

Finally the song ended.

"How was I?" Maggie asked. I guess she was serious.

"Pitchy." I joked, laughing.

"Was I really?" She asked.

"Just a little." I joked.

"A little?" She asked.

"You were great!" I giggled, I was lying, but I loved Maggie so whatever.

"You're a great bestfriend!" Maggie smiled.

"So are you!" I smiled.

"So anyways, why did you leave so early from the celebration?" Maggie asked, turning down the radio.

"Ceremony." I said, correcting her.

"Goldfish." She said. She always says random stuff, so I just giggled.

"Anyways... Brooklyn kissed Madison Beer." I said, I was trying not to cry again.

"That bitch." Maggie said, as she slammed on the brakes.

"Oh my god Maggie." I said, reacting from the immediate unexpected braking.

"Sorry. Anyways, go on." She said, as she started to drive again.

"Anyways..." I started, as Maggie ran a red light.

I screamed, and so did she, we got hit by another car. My whole world was spinning.