Chapter 17

I put on my dress for Victoria's ceremony and Maggie did my hair first. Then she did my makeup, and painted my nails dark grey.

Then I put on my heels. I looked in my mirror, I looked really pretty.

"Oh, Kenz." Maggie sniffled, she must have been crying.

"What's wrong?" I asked, concerned.

"You're just so beautiful." She said, I laughed, and so did she.

"I love you Mags." I said, hugging her.

I had no idea what I would do without Maggie, she was literally my everything. And she always has been.

"Love you too, Mackenzie." She said as she hugged me back.

I looked at the clock. I had to go. I quickly went downstairs and said my goodbye's to my family. Then when the Beckham car pulled up, I went out to it. Brooklyn jumped out and opened the door for me.

"Thank you." I said, as I got into the car.

"You're welcome." He said, getting back in, and smiling at me.

His smile was so cute, and charming. He was so cute. But we were just friends. And I doubt Brooklyn would ever want to be more than friends.

We drove to the tall building, which had "VB" on the side of it, for 'Victoria Beckham'.

We walked through the group of paparazzi to get into the building. As we got in, we were greeted by some of Victoria's workers.

Then we spotted Victoria. She walked up to us, and hugged us all.

"Mackenzie, how are you? Thank you so much for coming!" Victoria said.

"I'm great, thanks for asking. And thank you for inviting me!" I said, smiling.

"Well you look gorgeous, so go walk the carpet!" She said, pointing to the area where all the cameras where flashing at the celebrities walking the carpet.

"C'mon." Brooklyn said, as he grabbed my hand, and walked me towards the carpet area.

"Are you two walking as a couple?" The assistant asked, she looked busy and flustered.

"Um..." I said, looking at Brooklyn. I didn't know what to say.

"Yes, we are." Brooklyn said.

How weird. A couple? Why? Maybe he thinks we are just walking as friends. At least that's what I'm convincing myself.

"Okay." I said, as me and Brooklyn together stepped into the carpet.

The cameras started flashing uncontrollably at us, and the paparazzi started yelling.

"Look here."

"Brooklyn."

"Mackenzie."

"Look over here."

"Turn this way."

It was crazy. It's not like I've never walked a red carpet... I've just never walked one as a "couple". I've only walked one as a single, and a group when I was younger and would walk with my family.

As we finished taking our pictures, we walked to the snack area.

"Why is Madison Beer (no hate to Madison, she's just in it randomly I'm sure she's a nice person or whatever it's just for the book) here?" I asked Brooklyn.

"I don't know, a lot of people where invited. Why is it a problem?" He asked.

"No. No. It's fine." I said. It really wasn't. I heard she was boy crazy and stole everyone's boyfriends.

So even though me and Brooklyn aren't dating, I still don't want him with Madison. I just don't.

"Are you sure?" He asked, looking me in the eyes.

"Positive." I said, giving him a fake smile.

"C'mon, let's go sit down." Brooklyn said, grabbing my hand, and leading me to the seating area.

We found our seats, and sat down. It was weird, the person that was suppose to be sitting next to me, wasn't here yet.

Then Madison walked up in her short dress and super high heels. She sat down right next to me.

"Are you okay?" Brooklyn asked.

"Yeah. I'm fine. I'm here to support your mom." I said, trying to hide my anger.

"Oh hi Brooklyn." Madison said in a flirtatious tone.

"I need to go to the bathroom." I said, standing up. I couldn't take Madison trying to flirt with Brooklyn. I just couldn't.

"Okay." Brooklyn said.

I walked out into the isle and walked out of the seating area. I can't deal with Madison. Can't.