Chapter 5

It was a key. Yes... It could have been a key to the house, but for some odd reason... I just knew it wasn't. I knew that it was that key, the key that would open the last door that for some odd reason, was locked up like there was 20 million dollars in it.

Since I was so curious what was in that room, and my parents were out and about with Lana, I decided to send my siblings to get food.

I snuck the key in the back pocket of my skinny jeans, and grabbed the money off the counter.

I then ran upstairs to my Michelle and Luke.

"Mom left money, for you to go get food." I said, handing the $50 dollar bill to Michelle.

"I have to go alone?" She asked.

"No, Luke will go with you!" I said, smiling at Luke, hoping he would agree.

"Fine." He said. "But only it we can get Chinese."

We all laughed. Then Michelle called our driver and he came. They walked out the door with the money, and watched the car pull out. Once it got out of the driveway, and officially drove away, I decided to go upstairs.

I took the elevator to the 3rd floor, and I took the key out of the back of my pocket. Then I slid it in the key hole, and turned it. And with that, the mysterious locked door, unlocked.

I took a deep breath, then turned the handle, and pushed. I walked into the huge bedroom. It had a bathroom attached, like the other rooms, except this one was huge. And it had a walk-in closet attached to it, not next door, which was absolutely perfect.

Then there was a knock on the front door, that literally scared me so much! I freaked out, then walked out of the bedroom and locked the door. Then I decided to just take the stairs, so it would be quicker, and went to the front door.

I opened it to see the brunette boy from next door who was shirtless... And hot.

"Um hi." I said, confused why he was all of a sudden standing at my doorstep.

"Hello. I'm Brooklyn, Brooklyn Beckham." He said, holding out his hand.

"Mackenzie King." I said, shaking his hand.

"So, you're our new neighbors." He said, trying to make small talk.

"I guess so." I said, with my hand on the door.

Then it hit me. I was being so rude by not offering for him to come in.

"If you would like, you can come in." I said, stepping away from the door. He walked in.

"You have a very nice house, it reminds me of mine." He said, looking around.

"Thank you. I just got here, like two hours ago." I said, being completely serious, it was only like two hours.

"I saw." He said, still looking around and gazing at the windows.

"How?" I asked, like did he creep on us and watch us walk in like a stalker, because then I would fear letting him into my house. I thought to myself.

"The news. And internet. Paparazzi." He said, he obviously understood, because he was flooded by paparazzi for being a 'Beckham'. The only difference was that I was flooded by paparazzi for being a 'King'.

"Oh. I forgot." I said, feeling embarrassed and stupid.

"Anyways, does your house have the extra large room at the end of the hall too?" He asked.

He was talking about the locked room, which I had recently unlocked.

"Yeah. And I am the only person with the key now." I said, smirking.

"Why are you smirking?" He asked.

"Because, if my sister or brother found out... They would be so mad." I joked. They really would be.

"That's why you can't let them know." He said.

"I won't." I responded.

I actually kind of like this kid. He is cool, not all crazy, and chill.

"Well, I just wanted to stop by, and introduce myself." He said, walking towards the door.

"It was very nice meeting you, Brooklyn." I said, waving to him.

"I guess I will see you at dinner tonight." He said, smiling.

"Yeah." I said, very confused.

Then I looked at my iPhone, and opened the text from my mom that I rudely ignored early because I was too busy focusing on the key.

"We have dinner with the neighbors tonight." It said.

Brooklyn shut the door to my house and I sighed from the text message. It was so awkward. And it was going to be more awkward eating at his house, just because that's weird.

About 3 minutes after Brooklyn left, Michelle and Luke got home with the Chinese food. I was about halfway up the stairs when they came home, so I wasn't able to go back to the secret room.

Since my parents would probably never let me have that room as my bedroom, I decided to keep the key for only myself, and turn it into my secret hiding place. Just for times I need it... And nobody will know. Only me, and maybe Brooklyn, just because he seemed cool.

I ran downstairs to get my food. As I grabbed it, I got asked by Michelle a weird questions.

"So what did you do without us?" Michelle asked.

"Looked around the house, sat in my room, watched netflix... The usual." I said, completely lying to Michelle and Luke's faces. But I couldn't tell them the truth, so I had no choice.

"Cool." Luke said, I knew he didn't care, but whatever, Michelle asked. So I answered.

We all started to eat our food in our completely furnished house. We put on the movie 'Annabelle' and I think me and Michelle were about to die. Once again, Luke acted like he was unbothered, and like he didn't care. At all.

Then I got a call from my mom. I answered it.

"Hey, mom." I said, putting the phone on speaker, so everyone could hear.

"We have dinner in an hour with the Beckham family, please dress up, we will pick you up in 45 minutes." My mom said, on speaker.

"Okay, we will mom. Love you." I said, getting ready to end the hall.

"Love you too, Mackenzie." My mom said, then I hung up.

"Ugh." I said, laying back down on the couch.

We pressed play on the movie, and watched the last 15 minutes before we would get ready.