Chapter 11

The paparazzi kept taking pictures of me and Brooklyn as we were walking side by side on the sidewalk.

"This is really awkward." I said to him, talking about the paparazzi.

"Only of you make it awkward." He joked.

I laughed.

We went to a downtown bakery and looked around for a cake. When we finally found one, we bought it. It was chocolate, Michelle and I's favorite.

"You must like chocolate." Brooklyn said, smiling at me.

"Love it." I said, we we walked out of the bakery.

We started to walk down the sidewalk and the paparazzi were flooding us. Taking a bunch of pictures of us, asking questions which I couldn't exactly understand because they were all speaking at the same time.

"So what's your favorite desert?" Brooklyn asked me, as we were getting close to my house.

"Um. Chocolate covered strawberries. You?" I asked. I didn't even get why he was asking.

"I don't know exactly." He laughed. "Anyways..." He started to say, looking at his feet. "Um, what's your favorite... Flower?" He asked.

"Uh. Not exactly... Well... Roses. I guess." I said, stuttering like an idiot because I didn't know how to answer his question.

"Cool. Cool." He said, as we opened the gate to my house.

We walked up to my front door and tried to open it. Locked. Why the heck was it locked? I knocked on the door. Waiting for an answer.

"Idiots." I said. Getting irritated. I knocked again, except this time, I knocked harder.

Finally the door unlocked and started to open. It was Maggie who opened the door.

"Oh my god, Mags!" I said, hugging her at the door.

"Oh Kenzie." She said, as we were still hugging.

"Now who's this?" Maggie asked, talking about Brooklyn.

"Oh, he's just my neighbor." I said, still shocked that Maggie was in my house.

"That's cool. Anyways, come on... Chocolate is my favorite." Maggie said, grabbing the cake.

We all walked in. I was so excited to see Maggie again, I've missed her so much it's unbearable.