Chapter Ten

"He's useless!" Damon exclaimed furiously.

"No, we just have to get him to wake up." Katherine rolled her eyes.

"Oh, really? I don't know about you, but I have been trying everything to wake him for the last couple of days!" Damon yelled.

Katherine and that witch had taken him to an abanonded building a few days ago.

Inside was a coffin. The guy inside looked positively dead to him, but the women had claimed that he was drained and spelled to stay put.

Sophie had removed the spell already, but the guy just wouldn't wake. Damon had poured blood over his face countless times, human and even animal. Nothing had happened.

"I know. I was there, you know?" Katherine snapped back. She didn't know what they were doing wrong.

"What's so special about him anyway?" Damon asked.

"I told you already. He's a hunter." Katherine explained.

"Yeah, vampire hunter that hunts vampire. I got it. But why should he be able to kill that original bastard?" Damon asked again.

Katherine only groaned in response. There was no way she would explain everything again. Instead she tried to focus on finding a way to wake him.

Her thoughts were interrupted by Damon, yet again.

"What, Damon? Are you really incappable of keeping your mouth shut for more than a minute?" Katherine was furious. Damon was supposed to help her, after all. But all he did so far is whining.

"I know what to do." Damon said proudly.

"Really?" Katherine asked hopefull.

"Yip. You told me he hunted vampires for centuries. He outright hates our species." Damon told her.

"Yeah, we've talked about this more than enough. Do you have anything new to share?" Katherine asked annoyed.

"The thing, Kitty, is that someone that hates vampires for being monsters would do everything in his power to avoid being like them, right?" Katherine gave a nod, waiting for Damon to continue.

"My guess is, he didn't feed on humans. No, I think he fed from vampires." Katherine's eyes widened in realisation. Maybe bringing Damon with her wasn't a bad idea after all.

"You're right." Katherine's comment made Damon smirk.

"Now feed him some of your blood." Katherine ordered.

"My pleasure."

Damon moved to the coffin before biting his wrist. He pressed the open wound against the hunters lips.

Katherine watched fascinated as Mikaels grey skin turned back to white. That was it. They did it.

Finally, she had the weapon she needed to rid herself of Klaus Mikaelson once and for all. Her lips curved into a sadistic smile.

Meanwhile, Klaus and Caroline had made it to their destination.

"Welcome to New Orleans, sweetheart." Klaus said proudly.