Chapter Twenty Five

The Mikaelson mansion was packed with vampires, making Bonnie uncomfortable to say the least. When Stefan entered, she released a sigh and went over to greet him.

"Hey."

"Bonnie, what's going on? I got this very charming text from Klaus." Stefan said, remembering the unkind word the hybrid had sent him.

"Caroline's been kidnapped." Bonnie answered.

"What? How did this happen? I thought Klaus was with her at all times?" Stefan asked angrily.

"Long story short: Tyler works for Esther and snapped Caroline's neck before taking her god-knows-where."

Stefan looked at Bonnie, speechless.

"Have you located her?" He finally asked.

Bonnie shook her head, about to explain their plan when a familiar brunette entered the mansion as if she owned the place.

"Elena?" Bonnie asked confused.

"No, but nice try." Katherine answered smirking.

Klaus was in front of her in the blink of an eye. Not even the vampires in the room had seen the hybrid enter, let alone Bonnie.

"You sure have a death wish, Katerina." Klaus snarled, ready to tear her head from her shoulders.

"I don't. And that's exactly why I'm here." Katherine told him confidently, not even the slightest trace of fear in her eyes.

"Katerina, do elaborate." Elijah's voice came from behind Klaus.

Elijah had arrived shortly before Stefan, brining Marcel and some of his most trusted vampires with him.

"While you all wasted your time being a few steps behind your mother's plans, I busied myself with observing her." Katherine explained.

Both Klaus and Elijah observed her sceptically.

"I know where she is right now." Katherine said casually.

"And why should I believe you, hm? After all, you were behind Mikael's visit, weren't you?" Klaus growled.

"Well, I do hate you. I would have been happy to see you dying at last."

"And now you don't?" Elijah asked.

"Don't get me wrong. The sight of you lying dead on the ground is still one of the things I would absolutely ravel in." Klaus rolled his eyes. Why was he wasting his time with the useless doppelganger again?

"Only after observing Esther I had to put these fantasies on hold."

"If you have a point, do get to it. If not, I'll gladly ravel in one of my fantasies now." Klaus replied, baring his fangs.

"Unfortunately, if an original dies, so does every other vampire from their bloodline. Killing you is no longer an option, but helping you kill the bitch that wants to kill every single vampire on earth is rather tempting." Katherine revealed.

Klaus laughed, amused by this little piece of information.

"You can't kill me, so you decided to work for me?"