Chapter Twenty Two

Caroline walked out of the bathroom, freshly showered and only wearing one of Klaus' henleys.

"You look good enough to eat, love." Klaus said eyeing her hungrily.

"I hope you don't mind sharing your clothes with me?" Caroline asked as she sat down next to him on their bed.

"No, quite the contrary, actually." He answered.

Caroline smiled brightly at him, loving the fact that he liked her in his clothes as much as she liked wearing them.

She leaned in and kissed his lips passionately. Honestly, she couldn't get enough of kissing him.

Klaus pulled away slowly, resting his forehead against hers.

"As much as I'd like to continue this, I have to get going."

"What? Where are you going? What about me?" Caroline asked with a hint of panic.

His creepy mother and weird brother were inside this mansion somewhere, too. And Caroline wasn't keen on being confronted with either of them without Klaus by her side.

"Elijah and me will be gone for the day. We have to come up with a proper plan, yet." Klaus explained.

"Why aren't you taking me with you, then? I can help!" Caroline said begging.

"While I'm sure you'd be excellent help, I want you to stay here. Esther seems to be interested in you because I'm spending every single minute of the day with you. If she sees me leaving without you once in a while, her interest in you will probably die down a little." Klaus explained.

"Besides, Kol and Joshua will be here to protect you."

"You're putting Kol in charge?" Caroline asked.

"He hasn't done anything stupid since he's out of his coffin." Klaus shrugged.

"Okay." Caroline gave in.

"I'll be back before you know it." Klaus said and pulled her close for another kiss.

When their lips parted, Klaus smirked at her.

"Have a nice day, love." And then he was gone.

Caroline pouted and thought about what she was going to do with her day.

On cue, her phone vibrated, indicating a message. Caroline grabbed it and opened the message.

From Bonnie:

Care, I need you to ask Henrik a few questions. I might have found something useful!

Great.

From Caroline:

Hey, Bonnie! I haven't seen Henrik in a while. I don't know when I'd get to ask him your questions.

Do you know of any way I can reach out to him? I'm actually a bit worried about him.

Caroline hit send and realised how stupid she must sound. She is worried about a ghost? Seriously?