Chapter Seven

Caroline felt Klaus' lips ghost over hers and felt like drowning in his scent that now surrounded her.

For some reason she felt safe and warm, ignoring her heart that was currently beating like crazy.

The seconds felt like hours to her, waiting for his lips to finally crash against hers.

Caroline was about to complain and ask him what he was waiting for when his lips finally touched her own.

It was nothing like Caroline had anticipated. It wasn't rough or hard. Only a feather-light touch before Klaus moved his head back and she opened her eyes again.

His blue eyes were looking at her with something akin to wonder. Caroline
gulped nervously and licked her lips.

All she could think about was touching his lips again. So she leaned forward again. Much to Klaus' surprise.

"Klaus!" the moment was broken by a hybrid that came running into the room, panic written all over his features.

Klaus growled dangerously and turned around to glare at the intruder, wanting nothing more than to rip his head of his shoulders.

His anger rose even more when he felt Caroline rushing out of the room, away from him.

"Brady, this better be of utmost importance, or I swear I will end you in the most horrifying way you can imagine." Klaus said in a threatening voice.

Brady struggled to speak, his body shaking violently.

"I'm sorry, sir. It's the new pack. They have killed two of our own." Klaus took a deep breath before flashing out of the room.

He had known that the new pack was hardly any hybrid material. They were lacking intelligence, obedience and loyalty. And now they had sealed their own fate. Attacking his hybrids was equal to an attack on his person. And Klaus would not have that.

Caroline was in her room within seconds, breathing heavily and shaking.

What was she thinking? She had let Klaus kiss her!

Granted, it was as innocent as kisses could possibly be. But still, she had let it happen. Had wanted more of those velvety lips of the devil. And if the hybrid hadn't come in and effectively broken her out of her Klaus induced haze, she knew things would have been worse than they are now.

"What's gotten into you?" Caroline looked up and saw Henrik sitting cross legged on her bed. She marched over and pointed her finger at him.

"You!" she almost yelled and earned a shocked expression from the little boy.

"You scared the hell out of me before! Don't you ever do that again!" Caroline was angry now.

Angry at Henrik.

Angry at Klaus.

But most of all, she was angry at herself.

Henrik just happened to be the only one she could take her anger out on right now. The lights in her room started to flicker and she grew even angrier.

"Stop doing that!" she demanded.

"I didn't do anything!" Henrik defended himself, the confused look on his face enough to convince her of his innocence. Caroline sighed and lay down next to him.

"So, will you tell me what's wrong now?" Henrik asked as he laid down as well. It was strange how comfortable they were with each other. But Caroline didn't mind. She liked having someone to talk to besides Klaus.

"It's all just so messed up!" Caroline groaned.

She was staring at the ceiling, thinking about the way Klaus had looked at her after their tender kiss.