Chapter Four

"Hello? Earth to Blondie!" Damon's voice snapped Caroline out of her
trance.

They were all currently at the Grill, discussing their next step. The only problem was that every time someone mentioned Klaus's name she could not help but to remembered the dinner" date".

The way Klaus looked at her, the way he seemed to treat her different from every one else, and, of course, his evident obsession with her.

Caroline was unsure how to feel about all of this. She knew that she should feel disgusted by his advences. But some part of her enjoyed the attention he gave her.

"What's the plan?" She asked, telling herself that she needed to stop thinking about him and focus and what was important.

"Tonight Stefan and me will go into the woods to complete the binding spell. We'll bind him to a random animal. When everything is done, Stefan will kill it and with that Klaus will die, too." Bonnie explained.

"Sounds good. But what if he catches on to what we are doing? I mean, will he not feel the binding spell?" Caroline inquired.

"Did you not listen to a thing we just said? Tonight, you will distract him. I will be staying at Elena's, making sure she is safe." Damon explained, obviously loosing his patience with the blonde vampire.

Of course, Damon made sure nothing happened to Elena while they expected her to stay with the devil without any back up.

"Why do I have to be Klaus bait again? What if he gets mad?" Caroline could feel her blood run cold. She did her part last night and had absolutely no interest in talking to the evil hybrid ever again.

"Doesn't he have a thing for you? You never told us how your date was anyway." Damon said with a sadistic smile.

"First, it was not a date! Second, he threw me out after dinner. Obviously he doesn't enjoy hearing the truth. Third, that's absolutely none of your business!" Snapping at Damon, Caroline stood up.

"Care, where are you going?" Elena came after her.

Caroline faced her friend. "I'm going home. I'll take a shower and then I will play my part of being the blonde distraction. Just make sure everything goes according to plan, okay?"

Or else, he will eat me for dinner, Caroline thought to herself. She was anything but confident in their plan. Klaus survived 1000 years for a good reason.

"Of course. Don't worry. Mystic Falls will be Klaus free starting tomorrow!"

Caroline kept thinking about Elena's words the entire time. Her anxiety was reaching a peak when she finally got the message she had been waiting for.

We will head into the woods soon. Keep him distracted.

- S

Show time, Caroline thought to herself, sitting in her car already. She started the ignition and drove off towards Klaus's mansion.

10 minutes later she stood in front of his door, ringing the bell nervously.

Shortly after, the door opened, revealing a dumbstruck Klaus.