Chapter Twenty Seven

"Don't you think it's kinda surreal that we're here today? I mean, we weren't even forced!" Bonnie said smiling.

The Mikaelsons decided that Bonnie had to attend their Christmas dinner too since she sent their mother back to the other side and pulled Henrik back to life.

Also, Kol seemed to have developed a crush on the witch and rarely left her side since.

"I know. But I like being here." Caroline stated.

"I understand why you weren't that bothered when Klaus had you move in here. This house is unbelievable!" Liz exclaimed upon her return. Elijah had offered Liz a tour of their house and her mother had accepted happily.

Caroline and Bonnie laughed at Liz' enthusiasm. It was refreshing to see the Sheriff's eyes go so wide and amazed.

"We're glad to share our home with you this evening, Sheriff Forbes." Elijah stated.

"Isn't he charming?" Liz asked Caroline.

"His brothers can certainly learn from him." Caroline said and winked at the eldest Mikaelson.

"I do believe my sister wants us to join her in the dining room now." Elijah notified them.

They moved through the mansion and entered the dining room to find Rebekah and Kol already inside.

"Hey!" Rebekah greeted them excitedly.

"Let me show you your seat." Kol said as guided Bonnie to the table, earning teasing smiles from Rebekah and Kol.

"Let me tell you, you look absolutely ravishing tonight, darling." Kol complimented Bonnie, laying on his charm.

They had all dressed up for the occasion. Bonnie was wearing a blue dress, Caroline was wearing a red one and even Liz changed out of her uniform for once.

"Thank you." Bonnie answered with a slight blush.

Elijah had already taken to her mother, guiding her to the table as well.

"You look absolutely breathtaking, love." Klaus suddenly said from behind her, his lips brushing her ear. His voice caused the hair in Caroline's neck to rise.

"It's rude to sneak up on a lady." Caroline teased.

"My apologies, love. It wasn't my intention to make you upset." Klaus answered.

Caroline giggled and let Klaus show her to his seat, soon followed by Henrik.

They enjoyed dinner at the large table, Klaus sitting at one end, Caroline to his left. Next to her was her mother and then Bonnie. At the other end sat Elijah, Kol to his left, Henrik in the middle with Rebekah to Klaus' right.

"It's time for our tradition." Rebekah announced after dinner.

"What tradition?" Caroline asked, afraid the Mikalesons had a tradition of sharing a human's blood in front of the fire place or something.

"We write down our wished for each other on a piece of paper before lighting a bonfire and throwing them in." Rebekah explained.