Chapter Eleven

"You look pretty comfy, snuggling Nik's jacket and all." Henrik's voice woke Caroline from her deep slumber.

She opened her eyes and saw the young boy sitting next to her.

"It's creepy to watch people sleep, you know." Caroline told him and sat up.

"I've got to do something. It's boring being stuck on the other side." Henrik explained.

"Then go and watch your brother sleep."

"I did that already. He's under the shower now. I didn't feel like watching him there." Caroline laughed.
"Good to know that you're creeping has some limits at least." Watching people shower was definitely more creepy than watching them sleep.

"Now let's get back to the fact that you spent yesterday with Nik and ended up with his clothes in your bed." Henrik grinned.

"It's nothing, really. He gave me his jacket and I forgot to return it last night." Caroline shrugged.

Henrik raised his brow, clearly expecting more.

"I like the way he smells,ok?" Caroline exclaimed exasperated. "He was really nice last night. And since I'm out of Mystic Falls for the first time ever I decided to actually use the time away from everything to get a new perspective. I mean, you always talk about him like he is that nice, caring person. Maybe I want to see that, too. The man behind all his scheming and evil villain stuff."

When Caroline was done explaining Henrik started to laugh really loud.

"Stop laughing at me, Mikaelson!" Caroline yelled and hit him.

"Hey, no need to get all violent!" Henrik told her grinning.

"It's just nice to know you're giving him a chance. I was laughing because you said he smelled good. He certainly didn't when we grew up."

They both giggled and Caroline tried to imagine the human version of Klaus, the smelly version, according to Henrik.

There was a knock on the door and Caroline got up to open it.

"Mornin', Care." Josh greeted her with a smile.

"Hey, Josh. What's up?"

"Klaus wants to know if you want to have breakfast downstairs or in your room." Josh told her.

"Huh, no demand this morning?" Caroline asked and Josh shrugged.

"Alright, I'll be down in 30 minutes. I need to shower and get dressed first." Josh nodded and left.

Downstairs Josh approached Klaus.
"She'll be down in 30 minutes." Josh told him.

Klaus was surprised. He had expected her to reject his offer.

"There's more." Josh said silently. "She was talking to someone again."

"Did you hear anything of importance?" Klaus asked immediately.

"Actually, it was pretty weird. They were talking about you. But it didn't seem like they were plotting your downfall or something. It was more about the way you smell." Josh told him shyly, not knowing how Klaus would take this piece of information.