-Chapter 1- Back To School

! Looking for other great Jelsa fanfics? Then don't forget to check out my latest one, Beyond the Horizon !

Elsa's POV

I'm going to tell you a story, a true one. It's my story. It's about how I met a boy who's life was so different from mine. He showed me his world. Not only did he show me that, he showed me much more. He showed me what a true friendship was and later on he taught me what love really was about. I discovered how blind I was before, he opened my eyes and made me see it from a different point of view. How did all of this begin? And how did it end? Let's jump right into it, shall we?

It was a cold winter night when Anna and I had to go back to boarding school. We spent our Christmas break with our family but it was time for us to head back again. Our butler had a hard time getting our suitcases outside to the car since the wind was playing tricks. I looked outside the window while Anna was saying goodbye to our parents before we had to leave. The view from our mansion was beautiful, even though everyone was complaining about the winter weather, I admired it. I loved to see how the storms and blizzards raged, like they didn't depend on anyone. They were free, storms like this one made me feel free. Even though I wasn't. That's why winter is my favorite season, the cold has never really bothered me. All I see is the beauty of nature when winter time arrives.

''Elsa, dear. Are you ready?'' My father asked me while he placed his hand on my shoulder. I turned to him and nodded. ''Yes, father.''

''Now, remember, take your classes seriously and behave. Also, keep an eye on Anna. It's your last year before you work at my company.'' My father reminded me. I nodded, it would please him and our family if I came to work for our company. It was like a family tradition. Did they ever ask what I wanted? No. Don't get me wrong, I love my parents but sometimes they don't seem to understand me. Their visions get blurred by all their expectations of us. I don't want to disappoint them, so I do as they wish.

''Let's go, Anna.'' I said while I took my younger sister's hand and we stepped outside. We tried to protect our faces from all the snow that the blizzard was causing to fall down on us. Our driver helped us to get inside the car and we drove off.

The ride was silent, Anna slept for the biggest part since it was already late. I just blankly kept staring outside. It would still be a long ride, that's why we didn't visit home often. Some of the students went home every weekend, Anna and I along with a few other students were stuck there counting the days until the next break. I sighed and I pulled my legs against my chest, I figured it was best if got some sleep. We had to drive all night.

When morning arrived, so did we. Our driver helped us to get both of us our suitcases. I told him I could handle it by myself, I only had two suitcases. It was still early and very quiet at the school grounds, inside was nothing different. Rich kids like to get their beauty sleep, I chuckled bitterly at the thought. That's how people thought of me, a snobby rich kid. Which, believe me, I wasn't.

I quietly took the stairs and I went to the second floor where the rooms of the seniors were. I searched for mine and I unlocked it and went inside.

''EEEELLLLSSSSAAAA!!!'' Rapunzel cheered in excitement and she ran towards me and jumped to my neck which made both of us fall. I laughed and I responded to her hug.

''Quiet!'' An annoyed voice from another door sounded which made us giggle. I quickly went to close the door and we plopped down on my bed. Rapunzel, everyone calls her Punzie, was my roommate and also my best friend besides Anna.

''Didn't expect to see you back so soon.'' I said, school didn't start until the day after our arrival and knowing Punzie she always came at a surprisingly late moment. Last break she literally arrived 5 minutes before our first class started and yet she still managed to be on time.

''My parents had a lot of stupid meetings with partners or something. And hanging around in a huge mansion when you have no siblings is no fun. So I asked our driver to take me here since I know you're always on time.''

''And since you have a crush on Eugene Fitzherbert who happens to go here?'' I teased her. She grinned and gave me a playful push.

''You know me too well.''

''So how are things, Els? Found your Charming yet?'' She chuckled.

''Argh, I can't think about prince Charmings now. The only thing my parents are preparing me for is to work at that company for them.'' I sighed.

''I feel sorry for you, Els.'' She sighed. She was free to do whatever she wanted, her parents supported her in her choices. Punzie wanted to become an artist. She would go and study art in Chicago after she'd be done with high school.

''Anyway, did you get anything special for Christmas?'' I asked, trying to forget about my father's company. I still had one year which I could enjoy. I wondered what would happen, I thought nothing special would happen that year.

But oh, how wrong I was...

Jack's POV

''FROST! I will get you next time!'' I heard the grocery man yell after me while I dodged a rotten tomato that got thrown after me. I grinned and I quickly ran into a nearby alley. A mischievous smirk crept onto my face when I saw the dead end. I speeded up and I ran up against the wall and I managed to jump over the wall. I slowed down and I walked towards a nearby dumpster. I jumped onto it and I sat down.

''Okay, let's see what we've got here.'' I chuckled as I opened the plastic bag. Stealing from that man was so easy, his security was terrible. There weren't things such as camera's or an alarm.

''What to do with my life?'' I sighed as I started to munch on an apple. I wasn't proud of the fact that I stole but what choice did I have? I tried to get a job but no one wanted me. But anything was better than foster families. After that I turned 18 the foster system wasn't searching for me anymore and I didn't have to run away anymore. But it's not like I had much on the streets.

I startled when I heard the scream of a child, it came from a nearby alley. I quickly got up and I grabbed a wooden stick that was lying next to the dumpster. It looked like a G-shaped staff. I quietly made my way towards the child that begged for help. I looked around the corner of the dark alley and when I saw what was happening I gritted my teeth. Pitch Black. Pitch and his gang were after innocent children again.

''Let him go.'' I said loudly as I approached the group that was stuffing the child inside the sack. The boy seemed to be around the age of 10.

''Ah! Frost, haven't seen you in a while. Still stealing from the butcher and the grocery man?'' Pitch teased, I ignored him.

''Why are you doing this, Pitch? The boy has a family. Can't you make someone else steal for you instead of those innocent children you're kidnapping?'' I asked him as calm as I possibly could.

''I'm not as pathetic as you, Jack. I need victims to steal for me and what do you know about family?''

That made my blood boil, I knew what having a family felt like. I lost them when I was a 14 year old boy. I've been living on the streets ever since they, my parents and my sister, died in a car accident. I was about to punch him in his face when I felt severe pain in my abdomen. He punched me in the gut. As the cherry on top of it all his gang members gave me a couple of punches after which made me drop to my knees. They started to walk away with the boy.

''Don't interfere with me or my plans, Frost. Next time we're done being nice.'' Pitch threatened.

He has kidnapped countless children, not only children also teenagers. He tests them by letting them steal something and if they're not good enough he just lets them go again. Of course the parents of the children go to the police but they haven't had much luck on tracking him and his gang down. They move location a lot. Now they're here, in Burgess. I wonder how bad things are going to get. I better watch it if I don't want to end up dead.

A/N : Helloe! I know, yet another book.
The other day me and my friends were talking about boarding schools and I suddenly got this idea of a story.
I hope you'll enjoy it.
I'll try my best to keep the updates fast but I can't promise anything.
Tell me what you think so far!

The cover is made by me.

-Amy