10 x reader-9

Request: 10 meets your parents
Requested by: @Venturian-fangirl

"Ok and your sure they will like me" the doctor say straightening his jacket for to millionth time.
"Yes doctor my family will love you" you say kissing him on the cheek causing a pink blush to form.
"What if they don't what if they hate me and then make me break up with you" he says his eyes widening.
He starts pacing back and forward running his finger through his hair like he always did when he was nervous.
You sigh shaking your head.
"Just don't tell them your a timelord and we are in college together and you will be fine" you slowly say.
"Ok ok fine lets go" he says slowly setting the tardis to your parents home.
Once the tardis lands the doctor opens the door for you and walks out behind you.
"Take a deep breath you will be fine" you say ringing the door bell to the house.
The door is opened by your father who had his arm around your mother.
Your mom had a huge grin on her face while your father was slowly examining the doctor.
Your mom had been very supportive of you and the doctors relationship and your dad was just upset to give up his little girl.
"Hello young man" your father says shaking the doctors hand letting you both in.
The doctor nods his head to your father scared by his emotionless face.
You all sit down on the dining table the doctor to your right your mother in front of you and your father in front of the doctor.
"So john smith what exactly do you and my daughter study and this college of yours?"
"Umm you know physics a whole lot of physics! and umm what was it called....oh ya a lot of meth...i mean math not meth never! Just math" the doctor says not looking anyone in the eye.
You almost face palm after all the time you spent telling him what to say gone down the drain.
Your mom clears her throat "anyways we have a lovely dinner and a lovely guest so it's nice if we all where nice to each other" she says nudging your dad on the arm.
While eating dinner it was pretty quiet. it was simply awkward till your dad broke the silence.
"Before this dinner ends I have one last question for you" he says looking the doctor straight in the eye.
"ye-yes" the doctor says his palms getting sweaty.
"What are your intentions with my daughter" he firmly says.
"Nothing but to love her sir, to show her the world and the galaxy, let her see things with a better view, I love your daughter I love her to the end of the universe and trust me it's big and I would never ever ever ever hurt her" he says
You where shocked you did not expect that response you noticed the love in his eyes that where held in your to, and the for the first time since you and the doctor had walked into the door your father.....smiled.
"I'm pleased with your response john you may continue dating my daughter" he says.
"Thank you sir thank you thank you that you so much you have no idea how much that means to me" the doctor says shaking your dads hand again.

Later that night

"Did you mean that stuff you said earlier" you say still in shock.
"Every last word"